If you work construction in Sterling Heights, MI, you know the job often comes with inherent dangers, such as the presence of heavy machinery, potentially toxic substances, and electrical hazards. You depend on those around you to maintain a reasonably safe work environment. However, when others fail to do so, and their negligence leads to injury, a Sterling Heights construction accident lawyer will help you hold them accountable.
The Christensen Law team will pursue construction accident damages from an at-fault party, giving you the financial resources to get back on your feet. Since 1991, our personal injury lawyers have stood for the rights of injury victims, so we know what it takes to win the compensation you need and deserve. Let us fight for you while you focus on what is most important—your health and family.
Our Sterling Heights Construction Accident Lawyers Will Fight for Fair Compensation
You and your family should not get stuck with the financial burden of an accident you did not cause. However, our experienced personal injury attorneys in Sterling Heights will seek the maximum possible compensation for your personal injury claim so another party’s mistakes do not threaten your economic stability.
Our personal injury law firm will pursue awards for the following losses:
- Medical treatment. Medical bills for a construction accident injury can quickly add up—especially if you have a severe injury or need ongoing treatment. We will seek the cost of ambulance transportation, emergency medical care, surgeries, hospitalizations, rehabilitation and physical therapy, mobility aids, prescription drugs, long-term nursing, and other accident-related medical expenses.
- Lost wages, earnings, and employment benefits. We will recover your lost income and benefits if you must take an extended absence from work.
- Loss of future earning capacity. Suppose you suffered a disabling or catastrophic injury that prevents you from returning to your previous job or forces you to stop working. In that case, we will seek compensation for your lost earning capability.
- Pain and suffering. A severe injury can change your way of life. We will seek monetary damages for your intangible losses, including severe and chronic pain, scarring, disfigurement, loss of mobility, depression, stress, mental anguish, and loss of enjoyment.
- Wrongful death. If your loved one suffered a fatal injury, our Sterling Heights wrongful death attorneys can pursue compensation on behalf of their survivors. Damages may include medical bills, funeral and burial costs, lost financial support, and loss of the decedent’s companionship, care, and services.
We Will Support You Through Every Step of Your Construction Accident Case
Christensen Law is passionate about helping injury victims seek economic justice. We prepare every claim for trial and will not back down from going to civil court. We aim to get you the most advantageous outcome—not a speedy resolution that results in less than you deserve.
However, we also want to make getting financial awards easy and stress-free so you can turn your time and energy toward healing. Therefore, our Sterling Heights construction accident lawyers will:
- Investigate your accident and collect evidence.
- Establish negligence.
- Identify and calculate your damages.
- Draft and file your insurance claims.
- Handle case-related meetings, emails, texts, and phone calls.
- Aggressively advocate for your best interests and protect your rights.
- Pursue the maximum compensation possible.
- Prepare your lawsuit and represent you at trial if necessary.
- Maintain open lines of attorney/client communication.
What Do Previous Clients Think of Our Work?
Our commitment to providing compassionate, personalized, full-service legal representation shines through in our many positive client reviews, like the following:
“If it wasn’t for Christensen Law, I don’t know where I would be today. Thanks to Dave, Stephanie, and Michelle getting me through this hard time that I have gone through. I wouldn’t know what to do, and since I’ve met them, they have become family.” — Timothy T.
“If you require excellent, courteous, and professional legal services, this is the firm you want!!! Without a doubt.” — J. Hawkins
Our Skilled Lawyers Will Establish Construction Accident Liability
Almost all Michigan workers have workers’ compensation insurance through their employer. So, if you suffered an injury while on the job, you could seek these benefits.
Moreover, if your employer provides workers’ comp, you cannot sue them for personal injury. However, you can pursue a personal injury lawsuit against a liable third party, such as a general contractor, subcontractor, delivery driver, property manager, or equipment manufacturer.
Construction Accidents Come in Many Forms
Our Sterling Heights accident attorneys are familiar with many types of construction accident claims, including those involving the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) “fatal four”:
- Falls, including slip and falls and falls from a height.
- Struck-by accidents, including contact with machinery, equipment, and vehicles.
- Caught in/between accidents, including trench and excavation accidents.
- Electrocutions, including high- and low-voltage injuries.
Other common construction site hazards include the following:
- Loud noises
- Toxic substances
- Fires and explosions
- Dangerous scaffolding
- Defective tools and safety equipment
- Transportation accidents
- Exposure to extreme temperatures
How Long Do You Have to Sue for Construction Accident Damages in Michigan?
You should get started on your construction accident insurance claims immediately. If you must take legal action, you have three years to do so, according to Michigan Compiled Laws § 600.5805.
Allowing the statute of limitations to expire could leave you no option to take legal action, thus diminishing your chances of getting a fair settlement from an insurer. However, we can act quickly to protect your right to compensation.
Reach Out to Christensen Law About Your Construction Accident Claim or Lawsuit
Christensen Law’s Sterling Heights, MI, construction accident attorneys will put our firm’s decades of experience behind your injury case. We know that you and your family face a challenging time, and we aim to relieve your burden while providing you with aggressive legal representation.
We make our services affordable by taking cases on a contingency fee basis. We never charge upfront or out of pocket. Instead, our payment comes from your successful settlement or verdict. You will owe us nothing if we do not obtain compensation for you. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation, or call 248-900-9000 for 24/7 help. Connect with a lawyer near you.