Losing a loved one because of someone else’s careless or reckless behavior demands justice. A Lansing personal injury lawyer from Christensen Law will fight for that justice for you and your loved one. We will seek compensation for your pain and suffering (including grief), funeral costs, lost financial support, and other harm caused by a devastating loss. Financial recovery could help bring a sense of closure and is one way to hold all negligent parties accountable for your loved one’s death.
Our personal injury law firm has many years of experience leading wrongful death civil cases in Michigan. We know this is a difficult time, so you will find compassionate legal care here as we work to win your case. Call Christensen Law today at 248-900-9000 for a free consultation about hiring a Lansing wrongful death attorney.
Our Lansing, MI, Lawyers Have Sought Justice for Wrongful Death Victims for Years
There is nothing more tragic than the untimely loss of a loved one. Since 1991, clients have hired Christensen Law to lead their wrongful death cases. Our attorneys advocate for victims during their darkest times. Our Lansing wrongful death lawyers can handle your case for the following reasons:
We Offer Decades of Legal Experience in Michigan Wrongful Death Cases
Our attorneys have represented wrongful death victims since the early 1990s, so we have more than three decades of relevant experience. Because we bring such extensive experience to your case, we will:
- Develop an experience-based strategy for your wrongful death claim or lawsuit.
- Anticipate the challenges that could emerge during your case.
- Have a contingency plan for the various turns your case may take.
- Never be caught off guard, no matter how challenging your case is.
We will assign a lawyer whose experience makes them most fit to represent you.
We Are Always Ready for Trial
Wrongful death cases often warrant a large financial recovery. Whenever substantial conversation is at stake, we are ready for a fight from liable parties. If those responsible for your loved one’s death will not extend a fair settlement offer, we will be ready for trial. We approach every case as if the trial is the final stage. This aligns with our firm’s mission of getting justice for you instead of settling for less.
We Believe in Client-Focused Service
Our brand of client service can give you peace of mind that you’ve chosen a compassionate, empathetic legal team. We keep our clients’ needs front and center as we fight for their financial compensation. Throughout your case, you can expect our attorneys to:
- Listen to you attentively while working to achieve your goals, address your concerns, and meet your expectations.
- Provide frequent updates about your Lansing wrongful death case.
- Field your calls, texts, and emails promptly.
- Provide honesty and transparency in everything we do.
- Going the extra mile to ensure your comfort and secure your financial recovery.
You will never question our firm’s effort or commitment to your well-being. We care about your future and are here to protect it. We will seek your interests and protect your rights while fighting for monetary recovery.
Our Fee Structure Places No Financial Stress on You
Because we accept Lansing personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, you will not pay any out-of-pocket cost to hire Christensen Law. We will pay the entire cost of completing your case and receive attorney’s fees only if you receive compensation.
Our Case Results and Testimonials Highlight the Christensen Law Difference
Christensen Law’s case results show the financial awards we’ve secured for clients. Our results include several large recoveries for victims of wrongful deaths, including:
- A $9.5 million recovery for a motorcycle accident victim with life-threatening injuries.
- Another $9.5 million recovery for survivors who lost a loved one because of a fatal motorcycle accident.
- A $4.55 million recovery for clients whose loved one died after being electrocuted.
- A $4.197 million recovery for another client who suffered life-threatening injuries during a side-impact collision.
Case results are among the important criteria to consider when looking for a Lansing wrongful death lawyer to represent you. If you hire us to handle your case, we will work to recover the maximum compensation for you.
We feel validated when clients praise our service and results. Here are some testimonials we have received for our work:
- “I would highly recommend Christensen Law Firm to anyone looking for a personal injury attorney. Their staff is very friendly and easy to work with. They were able to answer all of my questions and concerns, and they always made me feel like they had my best interests at heart!” – Jelly Ann Candido
- “If it wasn’t for Christensen Law, I don’t know where I would be today. Thanks to Dave for getting me through this hard time. I wouldn’t know what to do [otherwise], and since I’ve met them they have became family.” – Timothy Taylor
- “If you require excellent, courteous and professional legal services, this is the firm you want!!! Without a doubt.” – J. Hawkins
Our clients are part of our firm’s family, and we will keep your needs at the forefront as we work on your case. You can take the time you need for yourself while we take on your legal case against the liable party. Call Christensen Law today at 248-900-9000 for your free consultation. You will receive legal advice that addresses your case’s specifics, and we can advise you on the wrongful death settlement you could receive.
Recoverable Damages in a Lansing, MI, Wrongful Death Case
As challenging as it is, we must determine the economic cost of your loved one’s death. We will consider your loved one, what they mean to you, and the financial value they provided to those affected by their death. Your recoverable damages may include:
Grief and Other Pain and Suffering
Each of our wrongful death cases involves pain and suffering, as losing a loved one is, for most, agonizing. Your pain and suffering may include:
- Sleep loss
- Suicidal ideations
- Lost quality of life
We will also calculate the cost of any treatment you seek for your pain and suffering, such as grief counseling.
Loss of Consortium
The most severe damage you experience may be your lost loved one’s presence. Losing a loved one can also mean losing:
- A parent’s advice, support, guidance, and security
- A spouse’s companionship, intimacy, and security
- All other non-economic benefits the decedent offered their loved ones
Our Lansing wrongful death lawyers will take a comprehensive view of your loved one. We will ensure our settlement demands reflect the totality of harm your loved one’s death has caused.
Funeral Costs, Medical Costs, and Other Immediate Expenses
You may face several immediate financial costs related to your family member’s death, including:
- Medical expenses, which may result from emergency care and end-of-life care
- Funeral expenses
- Burial expenses or cremation costs
- Property expenses (which can occur in fatal auto accident cases and certain other case types)
- Estate-related expenses
We will include such one-time expenses in your Lansing wrongful death case.
Long-Term Financial Damages
A loved one’s death may cause several financial damages that affect you in the long-term, including:
- Loss of the decedent’s income
- Loss of any employer-provided benefits that you’ll no longer have
- Loss of the decedent’s household-related financial services
- Loss of the decedent’s handiwork, physical labor, and other contributions to their household
If there are any forms of direct financial support or household services you no longer have, we will include these lost benefits in your case.
Focus on Your Health While We Manage Every Detail of Your Case
When you lose a loved one, you must work through your loss. If you do not give due attention to your mourning process, you could cause long-term psychological and emotional harm. If you were to handle your wrongful death case alone, your recovery may fall by the wayside. Hiring a legal professional will ensure you demand all the losses you can recover.
A Lansing wrongful death attorney from Christensen Law can:
- Secure evidence without delay: We must obtain evidence quickly, as liable parties could try to dispose of evidence that helps your case. Some evidence, like city-owned traffic camera footage, may become unavailable if we don’t obtain it shortly after a fatal accident. Even if some time has passed since your loved one died, we will build the strongest stable of evidence possible.
- Document your damages and calculate our target settlement: Our legal team will secure medical bills, funeral-related invoices, records of the deceased person’s income, and any other documentation proving your damages. Once we have collected all documentation and information, we will calculate the value of a fair settlement.
- Negotiate a settlement: The Christensen Law team will argue passionately on your behalf, demanding that liable or at-fault parties financially cover the harm they have caused. We never expect settlement negotiations to be easy, but we will stand strong no matter how challenging your case is.
- Review the best settlement offer with you: If liable parties extend one or more settlement offers, we will review those offers with you. We intend to secure all the compensation you deserve and will review each offer with this goal in mind.
- Complete a trial if necessary: While pursuing a settlement will be our first strategy, we prepare each case for trial.
You deserve a law firm that understands the gravity of your case, and that is Christensen Law.
Call Christensen Law Today for Your Free Consultation
Wrongful death cases are often challenging, and they involve sensitive subject matter that you may be unwilling to face. Your case will also require knowledge of civil lawsuits, legal procedures, the injury compensation process, and other aspects you may not be familiar with.
We urge you to accept the help of a Lansing wrongful death lawyer from our team. You deserve a shoulder to lean on, and we want to provide it. Injured parties generally have three years to pursue a wrongful death lawsuit in Michigan, per Mich. Comp. Laws. Ann. § 600.5805. We will meet your case’s time limits and advise you on your case’s timeline. Call Christensen Law today at 248-900-9000 for a free consultation. We are ready to start working for you.