Has a property owner’s negligence led you to slip, fall, and suffer injuries? Even worse, have you lost a loved one from injuries suffered during a fall? A Lansing personal injury lawyer from Christensen Law will lead your case, fighting urgently to secure all the compensation you deserve. We will demand fair compensation for medical expenses, lost income, diminished earning power, pain and suffering, and any other damages related to the fall.
An attorney can provide peace of mind, and we will work hard to fight for the maximum compensation possible. Call Christensen Law today at 248-900-9000 for your free consultation about hiring a Lansing slip and fall lawyer.
We Will Demand Compensation for Your Fall in Lansing
Let our firm determine the cost of your fall, including both economic and non-economic damages. Our settlement demands will reflect:
All Fall-Related Medical Costs
We will pursue all fall-related medical bills, including the cost of:
- Emergency transportation and services
- Imaging, including but not limited to X-rays and brain scans
- Rehabilitation services
Fractures can start a cascade of health problems for a fall victim, and we will account for all fall-related medical conditions you’re dealing with.
Your Pain and Suffering
Your pain and suffering may result from the event that caused your fall and the circumstances created by your injury. Such pain and suffering may include:
- Distressing memories of the fall (or the circumstances leading to the fall)
- Physical pain
- Lost quality of life (including the loss of important routines like exercising)
- Cognitive problems
- Sleep disruptions
We will arrange for a non-invasive evaluation of your pain and suffering, which will ensure we’re seeking fair compensation that reflects your emotional, psychological, and physical hardship.
Lost Income and Other Fall-Related Professional Damages
Fall-related injuries can cause significant professional disruption, resulting in:
- Diminished earning power
- Lost income
- Missed performance milestones (and bonuses)
- Lost promotion opportunities
- Loss of the fulfillment and purpose you get from working
If fall-related injuries cause long-term disability, we will calculate the loss of future professional damages.
If your fall results in a disabling injury, you may face:
- Permanent loss of income
- The need for ongoing caregiver services, perhaps including in-home care or a loved one’s full-time care
- The cost of medical equipment like wheelchairs, stability devices, and specialized beds
- The cost of in-home equipment, such as ramps and handrails
- The permanent loss of physical and cognitive abilities
- Ongoing rehabilitation services
- Immense pain and suffering
Our firm has helped many clients fight for the damages they need and deserve, and we will fight for fair compensation for you.
The Loss of a Loved One
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) notes that more than 36,000 older adults died because of fall-related injuries in a recent calendar year, and an unknown number of younger victims lost their lives too.
Our lawyers seek justice for victims affected by wrongful deaths, and their recoverable damages often include:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of a spouse’s companionship
- Loss of parent’s guidance and support
- Loss of a child
- Lost financial support
- Severe pain and suffering
- Treatment costs for psychological and emotional symptoms of grief
Christensen Law offers a support network and much-needed legal services to those affected by fatal and non-fatal falls in Lansing. We will waste no time in preparing and resolving your case, as we want you to move forward having obtained justice for your damages. Call Christensen Law today at 248-900-9000 for your free consultation about hiring a Lansing slip and fall lawyer.
Why Fall Victims in Lansing Should Hire Christensen Law
Our former clients explain exactly what you will get when you hire Christensen Law, and that includes:
- Compassion from every member of our team: Law firms vary greatly in their treatment of clients. With our firm, compassion is non-negotiable. Our culture includes treating clients like family, and listening intently to your experiences, goals, and concerns. We often hear from former clients that we exceeded their expectations, and our commitment to compassion will catch your attention.
- An experienced lawyer: Because our firm opened in 1991, we offer several decades of legal experience. Our track record of handling slip and fall cases allows us to know the challenges that could emerge during your case and the strategies for overcoming those strategies. Experience is always a credit when evaluating lawyers, and experience is one of Christensen Law’s offers to you.
- A legal team ready for trial: When we agree to represent you, we pledge to fight for all of the compensation you deserve. If we must take your case to court to honor this pledge, we will. In fact, we prepare every slip and fall case as if it will go to court. We prepare for every potential challenge and outcome. This way, we are never caught off guard and prevent avoidable delays.
- A firm with a proven record of getting results: Review our firm’s case results, which include several multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts. Our clients deserve justice, and we never let liable parties off the hook for their negligence. We embrace challenging cases and win when our clients receive all the money they deserve.
We take our job seriously and feel a great responsibility to deliver for our clients. You can trust that we will work long hours in service of your case.
Our Firm Will Cover Your Case-Related Expenses
Our firm’s fee structure benefits clients, as you:
- Won’t pay us any upfront fee
- Don’t pay for case-related expenses (we do)
- Don’t face any added cost when we hire experts, reconstruct your fall, or take other elective steps to improve your case
- Agree that our firm will receive a percentage of any settlement or verdict we obtain for you
This is called a contingency fee, as our fee is contingent on us securing compensation for you. Because of this fee structure, you won’t face any out-of-pocket costs to hire a lawyer from Christensen Law.
We Provide Comprehensive Services So You Can Focus on Recovery
We lift the entire weight of your case off your shoulders, as it will be our duty to:
- Build a reserve of evidence: We will detail the negligence that caused your fall. Witness accounts, video recordings, and photographs are some of the possible case-related evidence we can draw on.
- Document your damages: Medical records, income statements, expert testimony, and your own words may be among the documentation we use to prove your damages.
- Calculate economic and non-economic damages: As we advance toward settlement negotiations, we will determine the exact cost of your economic and non-economic damages. If you have ongoing damages (like medical costs or lost income), we will calculate the future cost of those damages.
- Negotiate a settlement: We will work to secure the settlement you deserve, as settling is typically the quickest way to get a fall victim the money they need. Our team will have a clear, detailed plan for negotiations, and we will negotiate in good faith with liable parties. As we receive settlement offers, we will contact you and evaluate the relative fairness of each offer.
- Complete a trial, if necessary: When liable parties do not offer fall victims fair compensation, we take cases to trial.
Leave the legal work to our Lansing slip and fall accident lawyers. Call Christensen Law today at 248-900-9000 for your free consultation.
We Will Document the Cause of Your Fall in Lansing
Our team will determine why your fall happened and who is responsible. As we work to prove the negligence that caused you harm, we’ll identify failures such as:
- Choosing not to fix a slipping hazard (such as loose flooring or a dripping pipe)
- Failing to warn visitors about known slipping hazards
- Failing to hire qualified employees who will manage the property attentively or failing to otherwise train or monitor employees
Every property owner has a duty to protect visitors and employees from harm, including slipping hazards. If a property owner failed in this duty, we’ll work to ensure they pay for the harm they’ve caused you.
Why You Should Not Wait to Hire Your Lansing Slip and Fall Lawyer
If you wait longer to hire a Lansing slip and fall attorney from our team, you may:
- Allow important evidence to go unclaimed
- Risk a potential rights violation
- Fail to document your damages in a timely, comprehensive manner
- Allow the filing deadline for your case to expire, preventing you from pursuing all of the compensation you deserve
Michigan Compiled Laws § 600.5805 generally requires that we will slip and fall cases within a strict filing window. While our attorneys work quickly, only you can control when we start your case.
Call Christensen Law After a Slip and Fall for a Free Consultation
Your Lansing slip and fall lawyer will begin seeking your financial recovery as soon as you hire us. Complete your free consultation to learn more about our team. If you choose to move forward with Christensen Law leading your case, we will walk you through the next steps.
Call Christensen Law today at 248-900-9000 for your free consultation.