It takes time to recover from the physical and psychological trauma that occurs after being hit by a vehicle. If you or a loved one is recovering from such an accident, you should take the time you need to heal. Still, you deserve financial compensation that covers your medical bills, restores lost income, and covers the non-economic toll of your accident. A Lansing personal injury lawyer from Christensen Law will fight for the money you deserve so you can prioritize your health.
Because pedestrians lack the physical protection a vehicle provides, you may have serious injuries that require serious compensation to match your monetary damages. A Lansing pedestrian accident lawyer from our personal injury law firm will take your case to trial if necessary. Call Christensen Law today at 248-900-9000 for a free consultation.
Why Hire Your Lansing Pedestrian Accident Lawyer From Christensen Law?
Christensen Law’s team will invest time, personnel, and financial resources in your monetary compensation case. Our team takes several measures to define ourselves from other law firms serving Lansing, and you may choose us to lead your case because:
- We take the time to listen to you: Christensen Law serves as the voice of the unheard, so our team takes special care to listen to clients. While other law firms might make you feel like a case number, you are family here. If you have any requests for how we relate to you or handle your case, we will adjust our approach accordingly.
- We have decades of legal experience representing pedestrians: Our team has represented injured pedestrians (and loved ones of deceased pedestrians) since 1991. Over the years, we have gained invaluable experience, used a wide range of legal strategies, and recovered compensation for thousands of clients. Because there is no substitute or replacement for experience, our proven track record is a key reason to consider Christensen Law.
- We prepare pedestrian accident cases for trial: We always aim to settle clients’ legal matters so they can receive fair compensation as quickly as possible. However, sometimes, we must take pedestrian accident cases to trial, especially when liable parties refuse to offer a fair settlement. We will prepare your case for trial from the start so that we don’t miss a step if a trial is necessary.
- Our fee structure eliminates financial risk from the equation: Our lawyers accept cases on a contingency fee basis. This means our attorney fee is contingent upon your case’s success. Our law office will pay for experts, filing costs, and other expenses from your Lansing pedestrian accident case. We will receive a reasonable percentage of any settlement or verdict we secure for you. You will never face any direct financial risk when you choose Christensen Law to represent you.
- We are a law firm by Michiganders for Michiganders: Since we opened our doors in 1991, we have focused on serving Michigan’s injured. Many of our team members have deep roots in the state, so we know Michigan statutes, courts, and locales well. If you want to work with a knowledgeable personal injury lawyer in Lansing, turn to us. We will offer you legal advice that fits the circumstances of your case and helps you make an informed decision about your future.
The Christensen Law team has secured many multimillion-dollar settlements and verdicts. We show up when clients need us the most and advocate for their recovery. We set out to win every case that we handle, and we will put your health first while fighting for your financial recovery.
What Real Clients Say About Christensen Law
Several of our former clients share in their words how our firm helped them:
- “If it wasn’t for Christensen law I don’t know where I would be today…thanks [for] getting me through this hard time that I have gone through. I wouldn’t know what to do, and since I’ve met them, they have became family.” – Timothy Taylor
- “I would highly recommend Christensen Law Firm to anyone looking for a personal injury attorney. Their staff is very friendly and easy to work with. They were able to answer all of my questions and concerns, and they always made me feel like they had my best interests at heart!” – Jelly Candido
- “This law firm is fantastic. They are very helpful and insightful about different types of lawsuits and the best firm to call.” – Cassady Commette
We will work diligently to secure the financial result you deserve. Call Christensen Law today at 248-900-9000 for your free consultation.
Wrongful Death – The High Cost of Pedestrian Accidents in Lansing, MI
Pedestrian-involved crashes can, unfortunately, cause fatal injuries for some victims. In Ingham County, where most of Lansing is located, 80 pedestrian crashes occurred in 2022, and six of them caused fatal injuries, according to the Michigan State Police’s Statewide Traffic Crash Data Year End Report. If you lost a loved one from injuries they suffered when a motor vehicle struck them, our wrongful death attorney will seek justice for your loss.
Your recoverable damages in a wrongful death lawsuit may include the following:
- Loss of the decedent’s companionship, guidance, and other non-economic values to loved ones
- Loss of the decedent’s household services, income, and other economic support
- Your pain and suffering (and treatment)
- The decedent’s pain and suffering
- Funeral costs
- Burial or cremation costs
Losing a loved one is the most tragic cost of a pedestrian accident. Christensen Law will demand justice for your heartbreaking loss while you work through your grief. We will take care of your entire case while you focus on caring for your loved one and family.
Recoverable Damages in a Non-Fatal Pedestrian Accident Case
We represent surviving pedestrians seeking compensation for medical care and other damages. A non-fatal pedestrian accident often leaves victims with severe injuries and losses, including:
- Medical costs
- Ongoing treatment expenses (e.g., rehabilitative physical therapy)
- Lost income
- Diminished earning power
- Lost bonuses, lost promotions, and other work-related damages
- Pain and suffering (possibly include post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), physical pain, emotional distress, loss of enjoyment of life, and several other conditions)
- Property damage
- Other economic and non-economic damages
Our personal injury attorney will develop a detailed record of your damages, which will serve as our guide to a fair settlement target.
We Will Lead Every Step of Your Pedestrian Accident Case in Lansing, MI
When you hire our firm, you can let go of any worries about your case. You can turn your attention toward your physical and psychological recovery. We’ve got your insurance claim or lawsuit from start to finish, and we will:
File Paperwork and Lead All Case Communications
We will file your case as soon as possible. We will also lead communications with insurers and anyone else involved in your case. While you focus on recovering from the accident, our pedestrian accident attorneys and paralegals can handle essential tasks, like filing paperwork and meeting all critical deadlines.
Obtain and Present Evidence
We will obtain any evidence that benefits your Lansing pedestrian accident case, such as:
- Video footage showing a vehicle striking you
- Eyewitness accounts of the accident in Lansing
- Experts’ testimony about who’s at fault
- A police report
- A digital reconstruction of the accident
We will work to secure evidence as quickly as possible so that we won’t run the risk that time-sensitive, critical evidence becomes unavailable. The priority of gathering evidence is a key reason to hire Christensen Law as soon as possible.
Document and Calculate Your Damages
We will develop a comprehensive record of your accident-related damages, documenting all harm you have suffered because of a negligent motorist. Important documentation could include:
- Expert testimony about economic damages (including lost income)
- Doctor testimony about your injuries and treatment needs
- Mental health experts’ testimony about your pain and suffering (and treatment needs)
- Pre-accident income statements to prove your lost income
- Invoices for the repair or replacement of damaged property
By obtaining ample documentation, your lawyer will proactively ensure that liable parties cannot question the cost or severity of your damages.
Demand a Fair Settlement From Liable Parties
Your Michigan pedestrian accident lawyer from our firm will demand that liable parties cover your accident-related damages, which will require us to:
- Create a detailed record of your damages
- Assess the financial value of each economic loss and non-economic loss
- Account for any damages you will suffer in the future
- Consult experts who may have valuable insight into your damages (such as future health care needs)
- Calculate the total cost of all accident-related damages
We will prepare our case and meet with liable parties for negotiations. If liable parties resist our demands or offer counterarguments, we will argue in your case’s favor. We are determined to secure the exact financial settlement you deserve.
Take Your Case to Court If Necessary
We aim to obtain the money you need and deserve. We won’t waver from the goal if the liable parties do not offer a fair settlement. If we must, our team will take your case to trial and seek maximum compensation for your damages.
We Will Meet the Filing Deadline for a Lansing, MI, Pedestrian Accident Lawsuit
Michigan Compiled Laws § 600.5805 generally require injured parties to file pedestrian accident cases within three years of the accident date.
We encourage you to contact our firm soon. This deadline may be non-negotiable, and missing the filing deadline could have financial consequences. We will keep your case on track and monitor all deadlines. We can advise you about your case’s deadlines and possible timelines when we talk with you about the accident.
Call Christensen Law Today for a Free, No-Obligation Consultation
Our legal team is available round-the-clock to speak with you. We will explain the benefits of hiring a Lansing pedestrian accident lawyer from our firm, as well as the next steps in starting your case.
We require no upfront payments or fees, and you are not obligated to hire our firm, so let’s talk as soon as possible. Call Christensen Law today at 248-900-9000 for your free initial consultation.