Bikers should be able to rely on the alertness and good judgment of other motorists; as riders ourselves, we know that isn’t always the reality. If a motorist or other negligent party failed you, a Lansing personal injury lawyer from our team will lead your insurance claim or lawsuit. Our firm has a long history of successfully representing motorcycle accident victims in Michigan. We know the toll that bike accidents take, and it only makes sense to hire attorneys who are fellow riders after your accident.
Allow a Lansing motorcycle accident lawyer from our team to fight for every dollar you are entitled to. Call Christensen Law today at 248-900-9000 for your free consultation.
You Deserve Compensation When Someone Violates Your Right to Ride
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) explains that riders face a higher-than-average risk of being in a fatal accident. This statistic illustrates the lack of protection motorcyclists have during an accident, and how serious your own recoverable damages may be.
Our firm will seek fair compensation for both your economic and non-economic damages, which may include:
We will calculate the cost of your accident-related medical services, which may include:
- Medical imaging
- Emergency transportation and care
- Hospital services
- All accident-related doctors’ appointments
- Medical equipment
Your motorcycle collision lawyer will include each of these costs in your claim or lawsuit.
We will consult auto technicians for the cost of repairing or replacing your motorcycle accident. If your phone, clothing, gear, or other property were damaged during the accident in Lansing, we will consider those repair costs, too.
Your case will also include the cost of any temporary transportation you need while you are without your bike.
Pain and Suffering
Those who live to recount their motorcycle accident often face significant pain and suffering, which can include:
- Acute and chronic physical pain from your injuries
- Diagnosed conditions like post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, anxiety, and substance use disorder
- Sleeping problems, which may result from pain, intrusive thoughts, and recurring nightmares
- Scarring and other types of disfigurement
- Mood changes
- Personality changes
- Cognitive problems
- Lost quality of life
Our team relies on mental health experts to diagnose such damages, value their cost, and create a treatment plan.
The professional cost of a motorcycle accident can include:
- Diminished earning power
- Lost income
- Lost benefits
- Lost bonuses
- Lost promotions
A lawyer from our team will pinpoint how much compensation you should receive after your Lansing motorcycle accident. Call Christensen Law today at 248-900-9000 for your free consultation about hiring a personal injury lawyer from our team.
Recoverable Damages When a Loved One Passes Away After a Motorcycle Accident
We offer our heartfelt sympathies if you have lost a loved one in circumstances related to a bike accident. You should be able to mourn your loss without worrying about a wrongful death lawsuit, but it is important to file your case as soon as possible. Allow a Lansing wrongful death lawyer from Christensen Law to seek compensation for:
- The non-economic benefits you lost when your loved one passed away, such as a spouse’s companionship
- Your pain and suffering
- The decedent’s pain and suffering
- Funeral costs
- Loss of the decedent’s financial support
- Counseling, medication, and any other treatment for your pain and suffering
We are always upset to encounter clients who have recently lost a loved one. However, we can be a reliable partner in fighting for the justice you deserve.
Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Know What You’re Facing
You should be certain that you hire the right law firm to represent you, and Christensen Law provides ample reason to be certain of us. Choose your Lansing personal injury attorney from our firm because:
- We have won damages for riders since 1991: Experience is one of the key differentiators between law firms serving Lansing. Our team has been fighting for the rights of motorcycle accident victims in Michigan since 1991. Let us put our experience to use for you.
- We’re a firm of riders, for riders: If you ride, you know. We face dangers that those in motor vehicles simply don’t. Our Lansing attorneys understand the nuances of riding, and our firsthand experience on a bike could prove valuable to your case.
- We focus on you and your needs: Our clients are family, and your needs will be our primary focus throughout your case. Our strategy will revolve around what is best for you, and we will consider any special requests you have of us.
- We are interested in getting justice, period: We are not interested in negotiating a quick, easy settlement. We intend to secure all of the compensation you are entitled to. If we must go to trial in order to secure the compensation you deserve, our team will take your case to trial.
- Our firm has a lengthy record of large financial recoveries: A long list of case results proves we can win for clients in the most challenging, high-stakes cases. Our attorneys have secured many significant settlements for riders, as we will strive to do for you.
- We will protect you throughout the duration of your claim or lawsuit: Protecting you and your case will be our foremost duty. We will spare you from efforts by insurers or other parties to undermine your case in Lansing.
We pledge our strongest effort when you hire Christensen Law. We also vow our total financial support, as we will take any necessary steps to strengthen your case.
We’ll Review Your Case and Account for Every Detail
The crash may be a blur, but there are some key pieces of information we need to collect when starting your case. We’ll also draw on relevant evidence and use your resources to collect information about your accident. Some of the questions we ask include:
- Who owns the motorcycle you were driving?
- Did the motorcycle rider have insurance?
- Who was at fault?
- Was anyone ticketed?
- Did the other driver have insurance?
- What are your injuries?
- Did you go to the hospital, or have you been seen by a doctor?
Dealing with any accident is tough, but the involvement of a motorcycle rider can make this event feel especially challenging. We know what we’re looking for and what approach to take—let us handle the legal aspect while you focus on recovering.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire Our Firm?
We operate on a contingency fee payment system, which means we don’t receive a fee unless we obtain payment for you. You will not pay Christensen Law anything upfront, and we will cover the cost of completing your case.
If we succeed for you, our firm will receive an agreed-upon percentage of your settlement or verdict. With this arrangement, you are able to seek essential compensation without any risk to you.
We’re Proud of the Results We’ve Gotten for Our Motorcycle Accident Clients
Our clients’ opinions are of great importance to our team. Because we go the extra mile to provide personalized service to the riders we represent, we often receive positive reviews from former clients:
- “I was very reluctant to contact an attorney after my motorcycle accident. I was referred to Christensen Law and I’m so glad that I was. Mr. Tom made sure that my treatment was paid for and I’m set to get by for a little while. Happy I made that call.” – Jordan Cushingberry, former client
- “Wonderful experience during a rough time. After my motorcycle accident I was completely lost on what to do. They helped get all my bills paid. Thankful for them.” – Donald Dupree, former client
- “After my motorcycle they helped me get my bills paid and money to make up from what I missed. Thankful for them.” – Former client
Our clients frequently volunteer this kind of glowing feedback, which is a validation of our uncommon brand of client service.
Let Our Motorcycle Accident Team Handle Your Lansing Case
Christensen Law is a united legal team that includes attorneys, paralegals, and the experts we hire to assist with our case. This team will take ownership of every aspect of your case, and our responsibilities will likely include:
Documenting Your Damages and Calculating a Settlement Target
We will seek all available proof of your economic and non-economic damages, which can include:
- Bills from medical providers
- Experts’ diagnoses of physical and psychological harm
- Proof of lost income
- Bills for bike repairs
If proof of your damages exists, we will secure it and deploy it in your case.
Securing Evidence to Prove Fault
Your lawyer from our team will investigate your bike accident and secure any evidence that helps prove fault. Witness accounts, expert testimony, a police report, and video footage are among the types of evidence we will seek.
Negotiating a Settlement
We will engage liable parties in good-faith settlement negotiations. Once we know how much money you deserve, we will set a firm negotiation anchor. Your lawyer will present evidence of fault and proof of your damages, explain our calculation of your damages, and demand that liable parties offer the compensation you need.
One particular issue arises from MCL 500.3101 (3)(i)(i), which dictates that motorcycles are not considered motor vehicles. Insurance companies may cite this statute in attempting to deny the compensation you seek.
Going to Trial, if Necessary
If liable parties do not meet our settlement demands, we will be ready for trial. Our team will contact you frequently, and we will discuss the potential of going to trial.
Your case will also require paperwork, communications with insurers, fact-checking, and many other duties that we’ll take off your hands.
Call Christensen Law Today for a Motorcycle Accident Consultation
Our firm will have to file your case before the three-year statute of limitations expires. However, your Lansing motorcycle accident lawyer from our team cannot start your case until we speak with you. Hire a law firm that knows riders’ struggles. You deserve the same respect and consideration that other motorists get, and we’ll make sure you’re offered that. Call Christensen Law today at 248-900-9000 for your free consultation, and don’t wait any longer.