A brain injury can change everything about how you live your day-to-day life and your ability to provide for yourself and your family. If you or your loved one suffered a traumatic brain injury (TBI) in an accident caused by another party’s negligence, you deserve financial justice, and Christensen Law can help.
Our experienced Ann Arbor, MI, brain injury lawyers have a record of personal injury case success. We have helped thousands of clients recover millions in settlements and have won hundreds of trials before judges and juries.
Our Ann Arbor Injury Lawyers Will Stand By Your Side
Christensen Law has served seriously injured clients in Michigan since 1991, so we understand how a severe brain injury can upend your life and threaten your financial stability. Our team is here to listen and support you throughout your brain injury case. Let us work on your behalf, allowing you to direct your time and energy to heal or care for your hurt loved one.
Our attentive and compassionate legal team will:
- Investigate the accident that caused your TBI and prove it resulted from another party’s negligence.
- Collect case evidence, including police and accident reports, cell phone or surveillance video, eyewitness accounts, and medical records.
- Identify your damages and aggressively the maximum compensation available for your case.
- Be your voice and look out for your best interests.
- Keep you informed with frequent updates from our unified legal team.
- Negotiate with the at-fault party’s insurer for a settlement that adequately compensates your losses.
- Represent you at trial if necessary.
Our Attorneys Will Fight for Your Recoverable Brain Injury Compensation
Brain injuries can result in permanent physical, cognitive, and behavioral changes, often leading to a lifetime of medical care and significantly affecting the sufferer’s overall well-being.
If your TBI occurred because of another person or entity’s reckless, wrongful, or negligent actions, you should get compensated for your medical treatment, pain and suffering, and more. Our lawyers will fight for full and fair compensation for your head injury. Recoverable damages may include:
- Current and future medical expenses, including emergency treatment, surgeries, hospitalizations, medical equipment and devices, rehabilitation, long-term nursing, and life care costs
- Lost income
- Loss of future earning capacity should your injuries require you to take a lower-paying job or leave the workforce
- Physical pain and suffering, including loss of mobility, paralysis, scarring, and disfigurement
- Loss of cognitive abilities
- Mental and emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Wrongful death of a loved one, including medical costs, funeral and burial expenses, and loss of the deceased’s income, services, support, companionship, and care
Our Case Results
When your health and future are on the line, you need a legal team behind you with a reputation for getting results. At Christensen Law, we put our clients before everything else. Thus, we spare no resources when advocating for you and prepare every case for trial. In addition, we’re more interested in getting justice than settling for less.
Our case wins include the following:
- A $2 million jury award for a client who sustained a head injury during a car wreck
- A $2 million insurance settlement for a client who suffered a TBI during a bicycle accident
- A $1.4 million jury award for a client who suffered a head injury in a tractor-trailer truck accident
- A $1.2 million award for a client who sustained a TBI during a pedestrian accident
Brain Injury Causes and Liability
Financial responsibility for your TBI will depend on what caused your injury. However, we assist with Ann Arbor brain injury claims and lawsuits resulting from various accidents, including the following:
- Motor vehicle accidents – According to the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS), 30 percent of TBIs statewide result from car crashes. So, we can help you pursue a No-Fault insurance claim and explore your options for seeking compensation from a negligent driver. In addition, we help clients injured in car and motorcycle accidents, including pedestrians and bicyclists injured by motor vehicles.
- Commercial vehicle accidents – Cases involving large trucks, semis, and other commercial motor vehicles can become complicated because of applicable state and federal trucking regulations and multiple liable parties. We can take legal action against an at-fault truck driver, trucking company, shipping company, property owner, or anyone else responsible for your losses.
- Slip and falls – We’ll help you fight negligent residential or commercial property owners for hazardous conditions leading to a slip and fall injury. Our firm also handles other premises liability issues, such as fires and swimming pool accidents.
- Workplace accidents – Our Ann Arbor, MI, brain injury attorneys can help if your TBI occurred because of a fall, construction accident, or another workplace incident.
- Medical negligence – We can recover compensation for brain injuries caused by medical negligence. Thus, we’ll hold providers, hospitals, and medical facilities liable for medication errors, botched surgeries, missed diagnoses, and other substandard care.
Start Holding Liable Parties Accountable Today
You do not have unlimited time to seek compensation for a brain injury. Instead, you must adhere to Michigan’s statutes of limitations. Failing to do so could leave you without options for recovering damages.
According to Michigan Compiled Laws § 600.5805, you have three years from your accident or loved one’s passing to sue for personal injury or wrongful death. In addition, the law allows two years to pursue a case based on malpractice. Finally, if your case involves a No-Fault insurance claim, you have one year under Michigan Compiled Laws § 500.3145 to file a lawsuit to recover personal injury protection (PIP) benefits.
Our firm can investigate your accident, prove negligence, and pursue maximum financial awards before time runs out.
Reach Out to Christensen Law’s Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers in Ann Arbor, MI
To learn more about how our Ann Arbor brain injury lawyers can fight for total and fair compensation for you, schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with Christensen Law. Call us at 248-900-9000 today or contact us online. We take cases on contingency, meaning you owe us nothing unless we win your case.