When you find yourself struggling to recover after a car wreck, reach out to a Warren, Michigan, car crash lawyer.
Auto collisions are confusing, scary, and life-altering. Depending on the severity of your injuries, they can seriously impact your life for a long time, if not forever. You might have catastrophic injuries, or your injuries might be minor. Either way, you will likely need financial compensation to pay for your losses.
At the very least, you will want to recover compensation to repair the damage to your vehicle and your medical bills. But if your case is more serious, you will need much more to stabilize your life. Here’s the good news: Our car accident lawyers serving Warren, Michigan, can help you file a personal injury claim for a car crash that wasn’t your fault.
Contact a Warren personal injury lawyer with Christensen Law to allow yourself to focus on your health and getting your life on track. We’ll focus on getting you the full monetary compensation you need to move past your car wreck. Call 248-900-9000 for a free consultation today.
Christensen Law Will Handle Every Detail of Your Car Accident Claim or Lawsuit
If you suffered injuries in a motor vehicle collision in Warren, Michigan, you have the right to recover damages, either through your No-Fault insurance policy or with a liability claim or personal injury lawsuit against an at-fault driver.
However, securing fair awards can be a complex and daunting process, especially if the involved insurers (and their lawyers) decide to play hardball. Our personal injury firm has over 30 years of experience helping clients throughout Michigan get the money that helps them recover from car collision injuries. We will put our skills and knowledge to work, protecting your rights and financial future. We also will:
- Help you understand Michigan’s insurance laws and explain your options for pursuing car accident compensation
- Investigate your accident and determine liability
- Establish your eligibility to seek compensation from a liable party
- Collect evidence and prove a negligent driver caused your crash
- Identify and calculate your economic and non-economic damages
- Draft and file your insurance claims
- Negotiate for the maximum compensation possible
- Prepare your injury case for civil court and represent you during a trial if necessary
Car Accident Damages and Insurance Companies in Michigan
Most people can call their insurance company to cover vehicle damage after a minor fender-bender. But when you are in a wreck that causes injuries, you will likely want to call a Warren auto accident lawyer.
If your injuries are extensive and your medical costs exceed your personal injury protection (PIP) insurance coverage, you may be able to seek compensation from the negligent driver. But because Michigan’s No-Fault insurance rules require you to prove you’ve been seriously injured before pursuing personal injury compensation, it’s usually best to have an attorney help with this.
Often, you won’t even know the extent of your physical injuries until much later, and you may not even understand the cause of your accident. Speaking with an insurance company yourself can leave you open to the insurance adjuster’s tactics that aim to reduce your compensation.
Sometimes, insurers will record your phone calls and then use your statements against you in court. They will offer you a low, quick settlement, hoping you will take it without involving a lawyer in the case. Insurance adjusters know that a car collision attorney in Warren, Michigan, can help you get more money—the fair amount—and they don’t want to pay you fairly.
Our Warren Personal Injury Attorneys Will Seek Car Crash Compensation
Most people are aware insurance will cover damaged vehicles, depending on coverage limits, but car accident victims don’t always think about coverage for personal injury damages. When you’ve been hurt in a vehicle collision, you can often receive compensation for more than just your damaged vehicle.
Every car collision claim is different, so the damages you could recover will depend on factors unique to your case, including the extent of your injuries and your medical treatment costs. In general, our auto injury lawyers serving Warren will pursue the following losses:
- Medical bills and other health-related costs, including hospital stays, surgeries, physical therapy, rehabilitation services, medications, medical equipment, and long-term nursing
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional distress and anguish
- Lost enjoyment of life
- Lost income, including loss of your future earning capacity
- Disability or disfigurement
- Personal property damages to pay for vehicle repairs or a new car
- Replacement services
Wrongful Death Damages After a Warren, MI, Auto Accident
If your loved one died from a car accident injury, our Warren wrongful death lawyers can help the deceased’s personal representative (executor) file a claim on behalf of their survivors.
Wrongful death damages include many of the above awards and compensation for the loss of intangible benefits and support your loved one would have provided had they lived. We can explain how Michigan law governs wrongful death lawsuits during your free consultation.
Our Michigan Law Firm Has Won Significant Car Accident Settlements and Verdicts
Our personal injury law firm offers legal representation that gets results. We have achieved record-setting outcomes and multimillion-dollar settlements and verdicts among our case results for motor vehicle crash victims, including the following:
- $17.8 million for the victim of a car vs. truck accident (the largest personal injury verdict ever awarded in Michigan)
- $4.197 million for the victim of a T-bone collision
- $3.2 million for a head-on collision involving severe injuries and wrongful death
- $2 million for the victim of a head-on crash
Our Warren, Michigan, car accident attorneys are more interested in securing fair compensation than getting a quick settlement that does not satisfy your losses. Our firm has extensive trial experience, and we prepare every case for court from the outset. We will not back down from pursuing a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit if that is what it takes to get the money you deserve.
Our Clients’ Needs Are at the Center of Everything We Do
Do not mistake our tenacity for a lack of empathy. At Christensen Law, you are never just a case number. We genuinely care about our clients and want them to have the resources they need to heal without jeopardizing their financial well-being.
We provide everyone who seeks our help with compassionate, personalized legal services. We want to understand your needs and goals so that we can work together in a way that makes you feel comfortable and achieves a successful outcome. You don’t have to take our word for it. Just read what previous clients have to say about our firm:
“I would highly recommend Christensen Law Firm to anyone looking for a personal injury attorney. Their staff is very friendly and easy to work with. They were able to answer all of my questions and concerns, and they always made me feel like they had my best interests at heart!” -Jelly Ann Candido
“If you require excellent, courteous, and professional legal services, this is the firm you want!!! Without a doubt.” -J. Hawkins
We Will Set Out to Prove the Liable Party Owes You Damages After a Warren, MI, Car Accident
Building a strong claim for compensation after an auto wreck in Warren involves many elements. Our law firm will handle the following tasks so you can focus on healing or caring for your hurt family member:
We Will Establish Your Right to Personal Injury Compensation for a Michigan Auto Collision
As we mentioned earlier, you must meet specific qualifications to step outside Michigan’s No-Fault insurance system and seek compensation from an at-fault driver. Our personal injury attorneys will prove your injuries and medical expenses make you eligible for a negligence-based claim.
We have experience helping victims with severe car accident injuries, including the following:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries (SCIs)
- Loss of a limb
- Back injuries
- Facial injuries
- Hearing and vision loss
- Broken bones
- Organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Scarring and disfigurement
We Will Demonstrate Negligence
Proving negligence involves establishing the following four legal elements:
- Duty of care. Our lawyers will show that the liable party had a legal responsibility to keep you safe. For example, all drivers have a legal obligation to follow traffic laws and avoid reckless or dangerous behaviors that could lead to a crash.
- Breach of duty. We will prove the at-fault party breached the duty of care. Breaches include speeding, drinking and driving, distracted driving, illegal passing, and making an improper turn.
- Injury. We will demonstrate how the responsible party’s breach of duty caused your injury. For instance, we may show a driver ran a red light because they were texting and driving, which caused them to broadside your vehicle, resulting in a broken leg and a concussion.
- Damages. We will prove you have monetary expenses and experienced pain and suffering because of your auto accident.
Liability for most vehicle collision cases rests with a negligent motorist. However, depending on the crash’s circumstances, others could be at fault. If applicable, our Warren car accident lawyers can assist with multiple claims against multiple parties, including a driver’s employer or a roadway owner.
We Collect Case Evidence to Prove Negligence, Liability Caused a Car Accident
The basis of a solid personal injury case is evidence. Our experienced attorneys will investigate your crash, apply the evidence under Michigan law, and construct a robust argument proving your right to financial compensation. Our legal team will:
- Visit the accident scene, take photographs, and gather physical evidence (such as broken glass or vehicle debris).
- Obtain police reports, medical records, and other relevant documents.
- Locate and speak with witnesses.
- Track down available surveillance, dashcam, or cell phone video of your collision.
- Hire and consult with crash reconstructionists and other subject matter experts when necessary.
- Collect pay stubs, invoices, bills, receipts, and further proof of your losses.
What Is the Car Accident Statute of Limitations in Michigan?
You have a limited time to seek car accident damages in Michigan. According to Mich. Com. Laws Ann. § 600.5805, you have two years to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. Under Mich. Comp. Laws Ann. § 500.3145, you have one year to sue for No-Fault insurance benefits.
Even if you feel confident an insurance settlement will resolve your claim, you do not want to wait too long. If the statute of limitations expires before you can agree with the insurance company, it will greatly reduce your bargaining power. You could end up with no compensation (or less than you deserve) and no option to recover more in civil court.
How Else Can You Protect Your Right to Seek Compensation After a Car Accident in Michigan?
Our Michigan personal injury lawyers will do everything possible to relieve the stress and burden of your car wreck case. However, you can do a few simple things to increase your chances of recovering car crash compensation, including the following:
- Report your accident. According to Mich. Comp. Laws Ann. § 257.622, you must report collisions involving injuries, death, or over $1,000 in property damages to the police. If a law enforcement officer was at the scene of your wreck, they made a report. If not, you should contact your local police station immediately. This report is often a crucial piece of case evidence.
- Seek medical treatment. If you have not seen a doctor, do so, especially if you experience new or worsening symptoms. You may have an internal injury or an injury that does not present immediately. Follow your doctor’s orders, and do not miss future appointments. Seeking medical treatment ensures your health and creates a medical record.
- Be careful what you say and do after the accident. Insurance agents look for reasons to reduce settlements and deny claims. If an insurer contacts you directly, do not go into detail about your crash, do not agree to let them record a statement, and do not accept an initial offer. Instead, direct them to your attorney. In addition, do not engage in activities that could worsen your injury.
- Contact a lawyer. Our car accident attorneys can tell you more about your legal options with a free consultation. We make our services accessible and affordable by taking cases on contingency, meaning we can represent you for nothing upfront or out of pocket. We will only collect a fee if and when we win your case, and you recover financial compensation.
Call Christensen Law to Work with a Car Wreck Attorney in Warren, Michigan
After an auto collision, the pain of your injuries, the confusion over what happened, and your fears about the future can quickly snowball into an enormous problem. But you’re not alone.
A Warren, Michigan, car accident lawyer with Christensen Law can take burdens off your shoulders by representing you. We can review your case for free and start getting you the compensation you need to kick-start your life again. Call us at 248-900-9000 today for a risk-free, no-obligation consultation.