Motorcycle riders know they are at risk every time they take their bikes out onto Southfield’s roads. They also know the stakes are higher if they get into an accident. Still, they have a right to travel alongside larger vehicles safely, and they also have a right to demand damages from a negligent motorist who injured them in a crash.
Christensen Law advocates for bike riders and fights for their recovery. If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a Southfield motorcycle crash due to someone else’s negligence, you could receive significant compensation for medical bills, missed work, and pain and suffering. We also work to recover damages for families who lost a loved one in a fatal accident.
Our motorcycle crash attorneys help Southfield accident victims navigate Michigan’s complex No-Fault and liability systems. If you are seeking legal help after a bike crash, look no further than Christensen Law. Our compassionate personal injury attorneys serving Southfield will work to recover the financial compensation you deserve and hold those who caused your collision accountable. Call us today for a free initial consultation: 248-900-9000.
Our Southfield Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Understand How Legal Support Can Benefit Your Case – Here’s How We Can Help
At Christensen Law, we firmly believe bikers have a right to enjoy safety, security, and respect while riding. We also believe they deserve every chance at legal recovery to hold those who harm them accountable. Some of us are riders, too, so we understand the motorcycle community’s unique needs, and the dangers they face, including overcoming the public’s perceptions that all bikers engage in irresponsible behavior that causes accidents.
For more than 30 years, we have been fighting for Michigan residents’ financial recovery from life-changing accidents. First and foremost, our motorcycle accident lawyers ensure we help injured crash victims like you by protecting your legal rights. More than that, we believe you deserve professional legal representatives who listen to you and tell your personal story.
We understand what you’re going through– the physical pain of devastating injuries, the mental anguish and emotional distress of being in a crash, and the concern about your future, including when you can get back to your life and how you’re going to pay your bills. These worries can be especially pressing if you can’t work until your injuries heal.
We Will Take Your Southfield, MI, Bike Accident to Trial to Recover Your Losses
We consider each client’s needs as we develop strategies for their cases. As we work for you, we will take every detail and circumstance of the motorbike accident into consideration and ask the questions that help us understand what happened and what’s at stake, such as:
- Who was at fault, and was anyone ticketed for the crash in Southfield?
- Who owns the motorcycle you were riding, and did the motorcycle have insurance? Did the other driver (or liable party) have insurance?
- What were your injuries, and did you go to the hospital and have a doctor exam you?
We will listen intently to ensure we get all the facts right and cover all the important bases. We are thorough in our approach because we treat every case like it is going to trial. We are serious about recovering maximum compensation for you and will keep your needs in mind as we work for you.
We have secured record-setting outcomes in motorcycle cases, as our case results show. In one case, we recovered $1.2 million for a rider who suffered shoulder, neck, and back injuries after another motorist forced him off the road.
You Won’t Pay Us Unless We Win Your Motorcycle Accident Case
We accept bike accident cases on a contingency basis. This ensures accident victims can secure legal care as soon as possible and we can promptly start work on their injury cases. We cover all case-related costs without requiring clients to pay us in advance. We don’t get paid unless we recover compensation that allows them to pay their expenses.
We will fight for your recovery by taking on aggressive insurance companies and holding the liable party accountable, and we will do it all at not upfront cost to you.
We Will Keep You Up to Date on Your Case’s Status
A lot could be going through your mind right now as you heal from the crash, but our Southfield motorcycle accident attorneys will invest in you in the following ways:
- Our initial consultations are free and available 24/7.
- We put you and your future first before anything else.
- We ensure you always know what’s happening in your case.
We know how daunting this type of case can be, so don’t hesitate to call us today.
We Will Handle Your Entire Southfield, MI, Motorcycle Injury Case From Start to Finish
You should take all the time you need to improve your health, and with the right legal representation, you can do that while your attorneys take care of your case. When you hire our Michigan law firm to handle your case, we take on all the work that no one wants to do, especially people recovering from injuries in an accident they did not cause.
Our personal injury lawyers will handle all aspects of your insurance claim or lawsuit by:
- Ensuring you receive all the No-Fault insurance benefits you are entitled to
- Launching a thorough investigation into your motorcycle accident so that we can build a strong compensation case
- Gathering case-supporting evidence to prove your account of the accident and that the other party caused it (e.g., a police report, medical records, witness testimony, expert witness testimony, photos of the accident scene and video camera footage, etc.)
- Verifying all the insurance policies in your case
- Maximizing your compensation by determining the full extent of your damages
- Advocating for your needs throughout the legal process
- Seeking a full financial settlement for you, including compensation for medical care, future losses, and pain and suffering
With over three decades of experience in personal injury law, we know what it takes to help people like you after a Southfield motorcycle accident. We can be your advocate today.
We Will Count Every Loss You Suffered and Demand Full Compensation for Your Motorcycle Accident Losses
Your case’s monetary value depends on several factors, including your injuries’ severity, your estimated recovery time, and your motorcycle’s damage. Because these losses are unique to each case, we will review them and develop our strategy for your case according to your needs.
Depending on your case, our motorcycle lawyers could seek a personal injury settlement or court-ordered award for the following economic and non-economic damages:
- Related past and future excess medical bills
- Loss of income
- Loss of future earnings
- Prescription costs
- Property damage
- Medical equipment costs
- Housing modifications, if necessary
- Attendant care, if necessary
- Pain and suffering
- Impaired quality of life
- Therapy and counseling costs
Wrongful Death Damages in a Southfield, MI, Motorcycle Accident
If you lost a loved one who suffered fatal injuries in a bike accident in Southfield, please accept our condolences and know that our thoughts are with you. We are sorry for your loss and will seek financial recovery from the party responsible for the accident. You might be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit, which our attorneys serving Michigan can help you with.
Parties filing wrongful death actions can recover losses such as:
- Medical and hospital expenses
- Funeral and burial costs
- Lost income the decedent would have earned
- Loss of the decedent’s care and companionship
- Property damage
- Other related accident costs
We can explain how state laws govern wrongful death lawsuits during your free consultation. Our motorcycle accident lawyers will fight for your loved one and ensure you can hold the at-fault party accountable for your losses. While no amount of money can bring back your loved one, compensation can ease expenses of an accident a negligent party caused.
Our Attorneys Know Michigan Motorcycle Insurance Laws Inside and Out
We will explain how Michigan’s No-Fault law affects your motorcycle case. If you suffered injuries in a collision with a motor vehicle, such as a car or truck, you will be covered for No-Fault benefits if you have insurance. No-Fault benefits include medical bills, replacement of a portion of your lost income, and replacement services. However, we could file a lawsuit if your injuries are severe.
If a negligent driver caused a crash that seriously injured you, contact a knowledgeable Michigan motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible. You deserve to secure legal services that protect your rights and interests. We will fight for the insurance provider to pay what you need and deserve.
Complicated Insurance Issues Can Arise in Southfield Motorcycle Crashes – We Will Take Care of Them for You
Legal claims involving motorcycle accidents are more complex than those involving car accidents. Michigan’s No-Fault insurance laws do not view motorcycles as “motor vehicles,” per Michigan Compiled Laws 500.3101(3)(i)(i), so they are sometimes excluded from many benefits. Our Michigan attorneys can help you with this and other issues that arise.
We can help you file a first-party claim, also known as a No-Fault or personal injury protection (PIP) claim. We negotiate with the insurance company responsible for your No-Fault benefits. These benefits can cover some of the damages outlined above, including:
- Medical bills
- Wage losses for the first three years following the accident
- Household replacement services
- Payment for mileage to and from medical appointments
- Attendant care
By contrast, a third-party claim is filed against the negligent driver who caused the motorcycle accident. The damages available in a third-party claim after a motorcycle accident include pain and suffering and excess medical benefits.
Time Is Limited for Filing a Motorcycle Crash Lawsuit in Southfield, MI, But We Will Meet the Deadline
According to Michigan’s statute of limitations for PIP benefits claims, found at Michigan Compiled Laws § 500.3145, you generally have only one year from the motorcycle accident date to make a first-party claim.
The statute of limitations for a third-party claim is three years from the accident date, according to Michigan Compiled Laws § 600.5805. If you miss these deadlines, you may lose the full and fair settlement you’re due, so don’t procrastinate on getting help.
Some hesitate to hire legal representation from a personal injury law firm after a traffic crash, but that could be a costly decision in other ways for motorcycle riders.
Common Injuries in Michigan Motorcycle Accidents
When other drivers hit motorcyclists, the injuries that riders suffer are often severe or even catastrophic. Any of the following common motorcycle injuries are eligible for compensation that directly addresses your needs:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs): Among the most severe consequences of motorcycle crashes, these can occur with and without helmets, causing cognitive deficiency, mood issues, and even permanent inability to perform daily activities.
- Road rash: Occurs when riders fall off their bikes and slide, shredding clothes and, ultimately, skin. Scarring and infections can occur.
- Amputation: A common motorcycle injury is the loss of a leg from being impacted by an automobile or a truck.
- Biker’s arm: Nerve damage caused by falling motorcyclists using their arms to protect their bodies. Severity varies, but serious cases cause permanent damage.
- Spinal cord injuries: A potentially life-changing injury requiring immediate medical attention. Even a small amount of damage can cause permanent disability, including partial or full paralysis.
- Broken bones: Fractures can occur when riders are thrown from their bikes. Broken bones can seriously damage joints and surrounding soft tissue.
- Emotional trauma: Victims can suffer psychological injuries on top of physical ones, requiring counseling for depression, anxiety, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
We don’t just look at the injuries but how you reacted to them, considering factors like age, health, and lifestyle. These and other factors go into our assessment of your losses, making sure the at-fault party compensates you fairly for everything you went through during the accident in Southfield.
Talk to Our Southfield Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Now About Your Accident
Christensen Law’s motorcycle accident attorneys in Southfield know the physical, mental, and financial stress of a bike crash. We can remove some of those burdens, helping you heal financially by recovering the money you spent on treatment.
When you call us for a free consultation with our compassionate personal injury lawyers, we discuss the details of your accident and your legal options. Don’t delay! The sooner we start investigating your accident, the better. We are committed to seeking the full and fair compensation you deserve. Call today for a no-obligation consultation: 248-900-9000.