Have you been seriously injured or lost a loved one in a Southfield motorcycle accident due to someone else’s negligence? You could be entitled to significant compensation for medical bills, missed work, and pain and suffering. If you are looking for a motorcycle accident attorney who helps Southfield accident victims navigate Michigan’s complex No-Fault and liability systems, choose Christensen Law.
How Hiring a Personal Injury Attorney Can Benefit You After a Motorcycle Crash
First and foremost, our motorcycle accident lawyers help injured Michigan crash victims like you by ensuring we protect your legal rights after an accident. More than that, we believe you deserve representation that listens to and understands your personal story.
To show we understand what you’re going through, we invest our time in you in the following ways:
- Our initial consultations are free and available 24/7.
- We put you and your future first before anything else.
- We ensure you always know what’s happening in your case.
We know how daunting this type of case can be, so don’t hesitate to call us today.
Assistance With All Facets of Your Case
Our personal injury lawyers will handle all aspects of your insurance claim or lawsuit by:
- Ensuring you receive all the No-Fault insurance benefits you are entitled to
- Launching a thorough investigation into your motorcycle accident so that we can build a strong case
- Verifying all the insurance policies in your case
- Maximizing your compensation by determining the full extent of your damages
- Advocating for your needs throughout the legal process
- Seeking a full settlement for you, including compensation for future losses and pain and suffering
With over 30 years of experience in personal injury law, we know what it takes to help people like you after a truck accident. Let us be your advocate today.
We Demand Full Compensation for Your Motorcycle Accident Losses
The value of your case depends on several factors, including your injuries’ severity, your estimated recovery time, and your motorcycle’s damage. We could seek compensation for:
- Related past and future excess medical bills
- Loss of income
- Loss of future earnings
- Prescription costs
- Property damage
- Funeral or burial costs (in wrongful death cases)
- Medical equipment costs
- Housing modifications, if necessary
- Attendant care, if necessary
If you were injured in a collision with a motor vehicle, you will be covered for No-Fault benefits if you have insurance. No-Fault benefits include medical bills and a large portion of your lost income, and much more. However, we will pursue a lawsuit if your injuries are severe.
If a negligent driver caused an accident that seriously injured you, it is critical that you contact a knowledgeable Michigan motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible. We will fight for the insurance company to pay what you need and deserve.
Our Attorneys Know Michigan Motorcycle Laws Inside and Out
Legal claims involving motorcycle accidents are more complex than those involving car accidents. Michigan’s No-Fault insurance laws do not consider motorcycles as “motor vehicles,” so they are sometimes excluded from many benefits. Our Michigan attorneys can help you with this and other issues that arise.
We can help you file a first-party claim, also known as a no-fault or personal injury protection (PIP) claim. We negotiate with the insurance company responsible for your No-Fault benefits. These benefits can cover some of the damages outlined above, including:
- Medical bills
- Wage losses for the first three years following the accident
- Household replacement services
- Payment for mileage to and from medical appointments
- Attendant care
By contrast, a third-party claim is filed against the negligent driver who caused the motorcycle accident. The damages available in a third-party claim after a motorcycle accident include pain and suffering and excess medical benefits.
Time Is Limited for Filing a Motorcycle Accident Claim
According to Michigan’s statute of limitations, you only have one year from the date of the motorcycle accident to make a first-party claim. The statute of limitations for a third-party claim is three years from the date of the accident. If you miss these deadlines, you may lose the full and fair settlement you’re due, so don’t procrastinate on getting help.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries Our Lawyers Represent
When other drivers hit motorcyclists, the injuries that motorcyclists suffer are often severe or even catastrophic. Any of the following common motorcycle injuries are eligible for compensation that directly addresses your needs:
- Traumatic brain injuries: Among the most severe consequences of motorcycle accidents, these can occur with and without helmets, causing cognitive deficiency, mood issues, and even permanent inability to perform daily activities.
- Road rash: Caused when motorcyclists fall off their bikes and slide, shredding clothes and, ultimately, skin. Scarring and infections can occur.
- Amputation: A common motorcycle injury is the loss of a leg from being impacted by an automobile or a truck.
- Biker’s arm: A form of nerve damage caused by falling motorcyclists using their arms to protect their bodies. Severity varies, but serious cases cause permanent damage.
- Spinal cord injuries: A potentially life-changing injury requiring immediate medical attention. Even a small amount of damage can cause permanent disability, including partial or full paralysis.
- Broken bones: Fractures can occur when motorcyclists are thrown from their bikes. Broken bones can seriously damage joints and surrounding soft tissue.
- Emotional trauma: Victims can suffer psychological injuries on top of physical ones, requiring counseling for depression, anxiety, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
We don’t just look at the injuries but how you reacted to them, considering factors like age, health, and lifestyle. These and other factors go into our assessment of your losses, making sure the at-fault party compensates you fairly for everything you went through.
Talk to a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Southfield, MI, Now
Christensen Law’s motorcycle accident attorneys in Southfield know the physical, mental, and financial stress of a crash. We can remove some of those burdens, helping you heal financially by recovering the money you spent on treatment. When you call us for a free consultation with our compassionate personal injury lawyers, we discuss the details of your accident and your legal options.
Don’t delay! The sooner we start investigating your accident, the better. We are committed to seeking the full and fair compensation you deserve. Call today for a no-obligation consultation: 248-900-9000.