Did you suffer severe injuries in a car accident in Southfield, Michigan, or southeastern Michigan? If so, the attorneys at Christensen Law will fight for your financial recovery. Since 1991, we have secured awards for car accident victims to cover medical treatment, mounting expenses, lost income, and other damages. Michigan’s complicated No-Fault insurance claims are daunting for many victims, but we can handle this process, so you don’t have to.
A Southfield car accident attorney with our firm has the experience to navigate the challenges of your case, all while you focus on recovery and your family.
Why Car Accident Victims in Southfield Hire Christensen Law to Fight for Their Financial Recovery
For a law firm that goes above and beyond and will take a personal stake in your case, look no further than Christensen Law.
Christensen Law centers the victims of accidents, rather than focusing on a payday. You deserve input on your case and compassion from your lawyers—your well-being is our number one goal. We help you by:
- Listening to your account of the car accident: Our legal team wants to hear exactly how your accident happened and how the accident has affected you. Listening is not a strong suit for many lawyers, but it is a priority for the attorneys at Christensen Law.
- Protecting you from insurers’ bad-faith tactics: Insurance companies may try to talk you into an unfair settlement, deny your claim, or undermine your claim in other ways. Christensen Law will protect you from these tactics and ensure your claim gets the attention it deserves. Your rights deserve protection, and we will make this one of our top priorities when working on your case.
- Fighting to win the financial recovery you deserve: Winning is our mission, and our history of winning car accident cases should instill confidence in Christensen Law.
Christensen Law has successfully handled thousands of cases for more than three decades, and we’ve served Michiganders by recovering millions of dollars for their losses. Our legal team serving Southfield doesn’t operate like other firms—and that’s a good thing. Instead, we’re authentic, transparent, and talk to our clients like real people.
How Can Our Southfield Car Accident Attorney Take the Pressure off You?
When you’re involved in a car accident in Southfield or anywhere in southeast Michigan, notify your insurance provider and file a claim. Because Michigan is a No-Fault state, you probably carry personal injury protection (PIP) insurance, which covers some medical treatment. However, a catastrophic accident can mean high medical bills not covered by your policy.
Securing fair compensation can be challenging for many victims. Unfortunately, you could encounter multiple issues that jeopardize your pursuit of compensation. For example, you might need to file several claims with multiple insurance companies.
So, let the lawyers at Christensen Law handle your claim from start to finish, absolving you of all case-related responsibilities (and headaches). Our team of skilled and compassionate Southfield car accident lawyers can:
- Answer all your questions, keeping you informed of all developments.
- Represent you on a contingency fee basis, so you pay no upfront costs or fees.
- Handle your No-Fault insurance claim and help you get the benefits you deserve, such as reimbursement for medical expenses, loss of income, attendant care services, and more.
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster for you so that you can focus on your health and recovery.
- Gather all relevant evidence, including medical records, police reports, and witness statements, all of which may help you win your case.
- Protect your rights if the other driver is uninsured.
- Dedicate the time and attention needed to pursue a full and fair settlement.
Calculating Damages in Your Car Accident Case
After your car accident, you may suffer physical injuries, emotional stress, and financial losses. Fortunately, a car accident claim allows you to demand compensation for various economic and noneconomic damages.
Economic damages, such as medical bills, have a clear price tag. Noneconomic damages — for example, your pain and suffering — are more subjective and harder to analyze. A Southfield car accident lawyer can help you calculate your losses, which may include the following:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Attendant care and household services
- Loss of earning capacity
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Lifestyle modifications, such as alterations to your home
- Mental health services
- Scarring or disfigurement
If you want to seek the maximum possible settlement for your Southfield car accident injury, a skilled and knowledgeable lawyer can help. Our firm distinguishes itself through compassionate, attentive, and responsive service. This approach will provide stability during an uncertain time in your life.
How Long Do You Have to File a Car Accident Claim?
The statute of limitations is the deadline for filing a lawsuit. If the statute of limitations expires and you have not resolved your claim or filed a lawsuit, you may lose the opportunity to seek compensation from the at-fault driver and their insurance company.
The statute of limitations period for an automobile negligence claim in Southfield is generally three years from the date of the accident. In addition, the statute of limitations for filing a No-Fault insurance claim is generally one year from the accident date.
What to Do After a Crash to Protect Your Rights
The moments after you’re injured in a car accident are incredibly difficult. However, our firm has guided many clients through a collision’s aftermath, so we recommend the following:
- Call the police. Call 911 if you are injured or a non-emergency line to notify the authorities about the accident. The police officer who arrives on the scene can file an official report. Wait to move your vehicle until the police arrive, except to clear your car from traffic.
- Collect driver information. After your car accident, ask for the other driver’s contact information. Record the driver’s license number, insurance policy number, and license plate. If there are witnesses, ask for their contact information as well.
- Get medical treatment. If you are injured, seek medical attention immediately. Even if your injuries seem minor, get a thorough checkup from a doctor. Some severe injuries do not exhibit symptoms right away.
- Take plenty of pictures. If you have a phone with a camera, take photographs of the accident scene. Make sure you get pictures of all the vehicles involved, as well as any road hazards and injuries. Write down the date, time, and weather conditions. Photos and detailed notes can serve as valuable evidence for your injury claim.
- Contact a car accident lawyer in Southfield, MI. You need immediate advice from a local, qualified attorney. The accident lawyers at Christensen Law are ready to help.
Our firm approaches every case like it is going to trial. Though we often settle, we’ll be ready to take your case to court if necessary. Our attorneys are relentless justice seekers— we don’t stop fighting until we exhaust all avenues to recover compensation.
Talk to a Car Accident Lawyer in Southfield
If you suffered injuries in a car accident in Southfield, you may have physical, mental, and financial challenges. At Christensen Law, we understand what you are going through and are ready to help. Our legal team can relieve your stress by guiding you through Michigan’s complicated No-Fault insurance system and fighting for the maximum compensation you deserve.