A burn injury can cause medical costs, health complications, immense physical pain, unsightly scarring, lost income, and other damages. The Christensen Law team understands the severity of burn injuries, so we will seek fair compensation for your economic and non-economic damages. A Michigan personal injury lawyer from our firm will work to obtain the financial recovery you deserve and hold all liable parties accountable for your burns.
You have enough to worry about with your recovery, personal affairs, and psychological healing process. A Michigan burn injury lawyer from our team will fight for the compensation you deserve and make sure that others hear your story. Call Christensen Law today at 248-900-9000 for a free consultation. We can start your case today.
Christensen Law Is Committed to Getting Justice for Our Clients
We prioritize every client, enabling us to provide comprehensive legal services to every person who has suffered burn injuries in Michigan. Some notable reasons to hire your Michigan burn injury lawyer from Christensen Law include:
- Our vow to provide compassionate, personalized representation: We set our firm apart by treating clients like family. We will tailor our approach to your unique circumstances and needs. Some clients prefer fewer updates, while others prefer more. Some clients want calls, while others prefer texts or emails. We show that we care by personalizing our approach to your case and always lead with compassion.
- Our promise to fight for you at trial if we must: We always aim to favorable outcomes for our clients. We will start by seeking a settlement, but those who cause burn injuries are not always willing to pay for the harm they’ve caused. If we cannot settle your case, we will take your case to trial. We won’t settle for less because you deserve the compensation you need to recover.
- Our long-term experience representing burn victims: Christensen Law has represented burn victims in Michigan since 1991, so we understand the nature of these injuries and the complexities of their cases. Our team has the same goal—getting fair compensation for clients—but we have evolved with changing laws, technologies, and legal strategies. Our long-term experience with leading cases like yours provides a solid foundation for us to build your case upon.
- Our Michigan-focused legal approach: Our firm has been dedicated to clients in Michigan from the day we opened our practice. We are Michiganders, and our focus on Michigan makes us acutely knowledgeable of the people, courts, and laws relevant to your case. We believe our focus on our state lends us a unique level of care and compassion for clients like you.
- Our listen-first approach to client service: Our commitment to listening to clients is fundamental. When you hire a Michigan burn injury attorney from our team, we will ensure others hear you and that you receive prompt answers to your questions and concerns.
We strive to deliver memorable service that clearly shows we care about you.
Notable Client Case Results
Our case results prove our lawyers’ work ethic and commitment to delivering for our clients. Some of our notable victories include recoveries of:
- $17.8 million for a truck accident victim
- $9.5 million for a motorcycle accident victim
- $4.197 million for an auto accident victim
- $4.5 million for survivors affected by an electrocution-related wrongful death
- $3.2 million for those affected by a fatal motor vehicle accident
Although not all these victories were for burn victims, most of these cases involved clients with severe injuries, pain and suffering, financial losses, and other damages that you may also have. You can trust the Christensen Law team to fight for the entire financial recovery you are entitled to. We will spare no resources to recover the results that benefit you and your family.
Client Testimonials for Christensen Law
Many of our former clients leave positive reviews for our team:
- “After my accident, I reached out to Christensen Law and was guided by attorney Thomas Economy through the process. He and his team made this entire process more manageable for me. I was able get a fair settlement and would refer them to anyone that has any legal troubles.” – Justin Tatum
- “They were knowledgeable on my situation, responsive and supportive. The staff worked together and was available to answer questions. Most importantly, I felt they were ethical and responsible.” – Wendy Henn
- “I would highly recommend Christensen Law Firm to anyone looking for a personal injury attorney. Their staff is very friendly and easy to work with. They were able to answer all of my questions and concerns, and they always made me feel like they had my best interests at heart!” – Jelly Ann Candido
These reviews are a reliable preview of the kind of service you will receive from Christensen Law.
Michigan Burn Injury Case Types Christensen Law Handles
We see clients suffer burns under various circumstances, including the following:
- Dangerous premises: When a property owner has electrocution and burn hazards on their property, they can be held liable if anyone encounters them and suffers harm. Our Michigan premises liability lawyers will represent you if property owner negligence caused your burns.
- Workplace accidents: If you suffered burns while on the job, we can explore workers’ compensation, a lawsuit, and other potential remedies for your damages. Our Michigan electrocution attorneys represent those whose burns are related to unsafe electricity.
- Motor vehicle accidents: Burns can result from contact with vehicle components, road rash, and other circumstances during an auto accident. Our personal injury attorneys frequently represent motor vehicle accident victims and are ready to represent you.
- Boat accidents: If dangerous driving, a boat-related defect, or other hazards caused a boat accident resulting in burns, we will lead your case.
We could still represent you if you suffered a burn in circumstances not listed here. Call Christensen Law today at 248-900-9000 for a free consultation.
We Will Seek Your Total Financial Recovery—We Know Burns Can Be Life-Changing
Severe burns can cause the body to “overreact,” prompting an immune response that may compromise vital organs and other body parts. Such serious health outcomes (in addition to the burn itself) can cause intense and wide-ranging damages, including:
Pain and Suffering
Burn survivors may suffer several non-economic damages that qualify as pain and suffering, including:
- Loss of self-esteem because of burns’ effects on one’s appearance
- Emotional anguish
- Psychological distress
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (which may stem from the event that caused your burns)
- Lost or impaired quality of life
- Substance use disorders (SUDs)related to your burns
Christensen Law accepts assistance from mental health experts when diagnosing clients’ pain and suffering.
If your burns interrupt your career, you may suffer:
- Lost income
- Diminished earning power
- Lost bonuses
- Lost potential to earn promotions
- Lost benefits
If your burns cause an indefinite leave or permanent disability, we will account for long-term professional damages.
Diagnostic Medical Costs
You may need emergency treatment and other medical services just to diagnose the severity of your burns. The expense of such diagnostic services will be part of your case.
Mayo Clinic lists surgery among the treatments for serious burns. You may need skin grafts and other surgeries for health and cosmetic reasons, and surgery is typically expensive. We will demand that liable parties cover the cost of all burn-related surgeries.
If you must receive hospital care for burn-related medical conditions (including the burns themselves), we will calculate the cost of your hospital stay. If you have other medical bills for services related to your burns, we will include those bills in our settlement demands.
Christensen Law Will Lead Every Step of Your Burn Injury Case
The recovery process demands your full attention, so allow our team to:
- Identify liable parties and detail their negligence: Your attorney will determine who caused your burns. We will also identify parties with financial liability for your damages, even if those parties did not directly cause your injuries.
- Oversee communications: Our team deals with insurers and others involved with insurance claims and lawsuits. This protects you and allows us to handle one of the many critical details of your case.
- Document your burn-related damages: Your Michigan burn injury lawyer will secure proof of your burn-related damages, including medical bills and proof of lost income.
- Represent you in settlement negotiations: It is our job to secure the compensation you deserve, and we will start by
If a trial becomes necessary, our firm will represent you in court and fight for your recovery.
Our Fee Structure Removes the Risk From Hiring a Lawyer to Represent You
We use a contingency fee structure that places the financial demands of your case on us. You won’t pay us anything up front for our legal services, and we will pay for all case-related expenses and responsibilities.
If we win, our team will receive an agreed-upon percentage of your settlement or verdict.
Call Christensen Law Today for Help With a Michigan Burn Injury Case – Free Consultation
Michigan Compiled Laws § 600.5805 generally requires us to file personal injury cases within three years. We encourage you to speak with us about hiring a Michigan burn injury attorney as soon as possible. We can tell you about the deadline for your case and help you understand its timeline.
Call Christensen Law today at 248-900-9000 for a free consultation. There is no obligation to hire us after the no-cost discussion. We are ready to help you and or your loved one recover compensation for a burn injury.