You aren’t responsible for an accident caused by someone else’s careless behavior. Filing a claim against the at-fault party is your right. A Michigan motorcycle accident attorney from Christensen Law is ready to assist you in filing your claim to obtain damages for your accident.
Has anyone ever asked you, “Why do you ride a motorcycle? Isn’t it dangerous?” You may have felt judged for riding, or as if it would be your fault if you are in an accident. Don’t let anyone make you feel guilty for enjoying an activity you love, or question your knowledge of the road.
You aren’t responsible for other people’s actions, and you shouldn’t feel like you’re to blame when a reckless driver causes you harm. Instead, know that you can seek justice for your accident and compensation for the financial burdens placed upon you by a reckless driver. Call a Michigan motorcycle accident lawyer at our firm to receive help with your claim.
We’re riders; we know the challenges of the roads and of the law. We’re Michigan biker advocates, and we have your back.
Tim and Amber Taylor offer their thoughts on working with our team. Tim suffered extensive and severe life-changing injuries when he was hit head-on while riding his bike and resulting in the amputation of his leg. Dave Christensen and Sarah Stempky-Kime represented Tim, and succeeded in obtaining the necessary home modifications as well as substantial compensation that will provide for his and his family’s care for the long term. Says Tim, “If it wasn’t for Christensen Law, I don’t know where I would be today. Thanks to Dave, Stephanie, and Michelle for getting me through this hard time. I didn’t know what to do, I trusted them with my life, and since I met them, they have become family.”
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Michigan
Who caused your motorcycle accident in Michigan? Chances are high that a distracted or impaired driver may have been at fault. It’s critical to determine the exact cause of your motorcycle accident so you can prove fault. Proving fault for your accident is one of the most important steps in the motorcycle accident claim process.
We can help investigate your accident, and collect the evidence you will need to prove your case. If your accident was the result of someone else’s negligence, your attorney will work to ensure fualt is determined and justice is served.
Some common causes of motorcycle accidents in Michigan include:
- Faulty Motorcycle Parts – Manufacturers are responsible for creating safe motorcycle parts. When the parts they create are defective, they could be held liable for the accidents and injuries they cause.
- Drunk Driving – Intoxicated driving continues to be a problem. If a drunk driver caused your motorcycle accident, that person could be held responsible in criminal and civil court.
- Dangerous Roads – Sometimes the roads you drive on could be dangerous. Poor road design or maintenance can cause accidents. If you think your motorcycle accident was caused by dangerous roads, the government could be liable for your damages.
- Distracted Driving – Sadly, distracted driving is responsible for even more serious and fatal accidents than ever before. Despite legislation to restrict cell phone use while driving, few people seem to take distracted driving seriously. If a distracted driver caused your accident, they should be held accountable.
- Poor Motorcycle or Auto Repairs – Motorcycles are serviced by mechanics and repair shops. These motorcycle repair workers have a duty to provide quality service. When they fail to service your motorcycle properly, their failure could cause an accident.
- Fatigued Driving – Driving is an activity that demands the full attention of the driver. Sleepy or fatigued driving can cause devastating accidents in the same way as impaired drivers can.
- Reckless Driving – Some people simply don’t care about the harm they could cause others. They engage in risky behavior that could not only hurt them but others as well. Reckless drivers should be held to account for their actions.
Financial Compensation for Your Michigan Motorcycle Accident
One of the primary reasons you might file a motorcycle accident claim may be the rising costs resulting from your accident. You most likely will have incurred property damage, medical bills, lost income, and much more.
You may also be dealing with negative impacts that have nothing to do with money. For example, your motorcycle accident may have left you with disfiguring scars, loss of mobility, chronic pain, PTSD, brain or spinal injuries and a myriad of other issues. Working to overcome these while trying to heal is not easy. Winning your case can secure the compensation you need to pay for your losses, and allow you to begin the path to recovery and redefining your future.
An award brings you justice and a sense of closure.
The Serious Nature of Michigan Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Bikers enjoy the freedom associated with riding a motorcycle – not being constrained or contained by an automobile. The lack of the phsyical protection a car provides, however, means that motorcycle accidents typically result in serious injuries. You may have suffered a traumatic brain injury, spinal cord damage, broken bones, organ damage, or burn injuries. Such injuries can be life changing, with protracted courses of treatment, therapy, and rehabilitation. You may not be able to work, you may need to spend time in a residential rehab facility, and you will likely incur substanital on-going medical bills.
How Can a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Michigan Help You?
After a motorcycle accident, you have a lot to deal with all at once. You’re trying to recover from your injuries, worrying about how to pay your bills while you’re unable to work, and figuring out how to file a motorcycle accident claim. We can help with all of that, allowing you to focus on your treatment and health.
- We begin will by taking your call and collecting all the details case. Your attorney will advise you whether your case is strong and how much it might be worth.
- If more evidence is needed to prove your case, your lawyer will manage the investigation and evidence collection.
- We approach every case with a trial-bound philosophy – we’re not interested in quick settlements, but obtaining fair compensation for your loss.
- Insurance companies and adjusters are notorious and frequently do not have your best interests in mind; they are interested in paying out as little as possible.
- You are entitled to a full and fair settlement from the insurer; your lawyer will make every effort to see that happen.
- If the insurance company is not forthcoming, we’ll take them to court.
Your attorney can assist with the entire motorcycle accident claim process. They can give you advice, guide you through the process, and work to see you get the outcome you deserve.
Michigan Motorcycle FAQ
Do you have uestions about filing a Michigan motorcycle accident claim before you call a lawyer? Read through our Frequently Asked Questions. Or simply give us a call. There is no cost to you for a consultation; we only get paid when you do.
Michigan Motorcycle Accident
Yes, you can receive financial compensation for your non-financial losses. Non-financial losses could include pain and suffering, mental trauma, scarring, disfigurement, permanent injury, and lost life enjoyment. Your lawyer can help you put a monetary value on these non-financial losses.
Reach Out Today
Motorcycle accident injuries are known to be serious. Physical injuries, mental trauma, property damage, work issues – the list is extensive and exhausting. The law is complex; you need an attorney with the specific legal knowledge and experience to ensure you are properly represented – and someone who can help shoulder the burden of your claim or lawsuit.