The road is freeing, but it’s dangerous for riders, too. Negligent drivers who don’t respect the rider’s right to the road are a huge concern, and you shouldn’t have to pay for someone else’s mistakes. We know that dealing with the aftermath of a motorcycle accident can be traumatic, stressful, and confusing. A Grand Rapids motorcycle accident lawyer from Christensen Law will guide you through the fight for compensation.
We’ve been providing legal representation to motorcycle accident victims since 1991 and have won hundreds of millions for our clients. Bikers from all walks of life deserve compassionate care during this difficult time.
Call Christensen Law today at 248-900-9000 for your free, confidential consultation. Our personal injury team is highly experienced and practices zealous advocacy in the pursuit of justice for our clients. Let a qualified law firm with an excellent reputation—Christensen Law—fight for your financial recovery in Grand Rapids
Compassion, Excellence, Integrity, Results —That’s What Christensen Law Offers
We want you to be crystal clear about why you will hire Christensen Law for your motorcycle accident case in Grand Rapids. We aren’t like other law firms, and that’s a good thing. We always put your interests first.
With Christensen Law, you get a legal team that:
- Distinguishes itself through client service: We are a unified team that tailors our approach to suit our clients’ needs. The first word in our firm’s motto is LISTEN, something many law firms don’t do well. If you ever have a question or concern, you’ll receive a detailed, compassionate response from your attorney, paralegal, or any other member of the Christensen Law team.
- Embraces authenticity: While some personal injury firms serving Grand Rapids have a cold, corporate feel, Christensen Law prides itself on authenticity and compassion. We’re transparent, direct, and welcoming; different by design. We’re accessible and want our clients to think of us as extended family. Some of our lawyers are even bikers themselves, and our office wants to offer you the same protection they would want for themselves.
- Knows Grand Rapids: We are Michiganders securing justice for our fellow Michiganders – we’re not a large, national, or out-of-state firm. Being local has allowed us to handle many cases in Grand Rapids. We’re familiar with the courts and insurance companies that may be involved in your case, with an established reputation that works in your favor.
- Has genuine empathy for clients’ hardship: Our lawyers know what clients have been through – indeed, many of our team have experienced similar hardship and difficulty. We’ve worked with thousands of people just like you, and enter into every relationship with compassion first.: Our legal team has proven itself by achieving one substantial case result after the next.
- Gets results: We’ve set records for verdicts and awards in most counties throughout Michigan. You can be assured that the Christensen Law team will deliver on its promises.
Our Team Will Demand Fair Payment for Your Motorcycle Accident Injuries in Grand Rapids
Michigan motorcycle crash law and the state’s No-Fault laws are complicated. If a car or truck driver causes a motorcycle accident, that motorist’s insurance carrier is responsible for paying certain benefits up to the amount of PIP (personal injury protection) coverage the motorist maintains.
PIP typically covers all the reasonably necessary medical expenses related to an accident. Those expenses may include emergency room bills, hospital expenses, doctors’ bills, therapies, ongoing treatment, the cost of prescription drugs, and other medical expenses. PIP benefits also cover most of your lost wages for three years, replacement services for three years, and attendant care, such as in-home nursing and home modifications.
If you choose to file a lawsuit (and we will advise you on this possibility), you may also get money to cover all medical bills and lost income. A lawsuit may also entitle you to financial recovery for:
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of quality of life
- Lost earning power
- Missed bonuses and promotions
- Motorcycle repairs and other property expenses
- Temporary transportation
Our legal team will seek justice if you’ve lost a loved one because of a fatal motorcycle accident. This is a tragic circumstance, and we will work to hold liable parties fully accountable.
Common Injuries Caused by Negligent Drivers
Riders like you know the risks that come with motorcycles, but that doesn’t mean you can’t pursue compensation for your injuries and losses. We’ve helped many bikers fight for compensation, and here are just some of the injuries we can pursue damages for:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Road rash
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Internal injuries in the abdomen, like punctured lungs, internal bleeding, and other injuries
These and other injuries can put you out of commission, but we will make sure all of your losses are accounted for. We’ll seek the maximum compensation possible for your medical costs, non-economic damages, and other associated expenses and losses. When you work with us, you never have to worry–we’ve got your back.
Let Us Help You if a Loved One Passes Away
Life can change in an instant on the road, and the passing of a fellow biker is devastating. In Michigan, only a personal representative of the deceased’s estate can file a wrongful death lawsuit. Dealing with the emotional, financial, and legal aspects of death is overwhelming, so let us do this for you. We would be honored to answer any questions you have about this option and represent your loved one during this difficult time.
How You Could Benefit From a Lawyer’s Help After a Motorcycle Accident
Motorcycle accidents often cause devastating injuries. If someone’s negligence or recklessness caused your motorcycle accident in Michigan, you may be entitled to compensation.
Christensen Law’s attorneys will investigate your motorcycle accident, determine who is liable for your injuries, and take steps to protect your legal rights. In pre-suit, we will negotiate with the insurance company to obtain a full and fair settlement. However, we approach every case with a trial-bound philosophy and will litigate your case in court if necessary. Insurance companies are interested only in protecting their bottom lines. We are well known by the insurers as a firm that maintains an equally aggressive stance and is willing to litigate. We stand prepared to fight for your rights.
Our Grand Rapids motorcycle accident lawyer will:
- Investigate and verify all insurance coverage in your case.
- Pursue all No-Fault insurance benefits that are due to you.
- File your lawsuit and any other necessary action.
- Calculate and document your damages to ensure we’re seeking the full compensation to which you are entitled.
- Seek a full and fair settlement, including future economic losses and compensation for the pain and suffering your motorcycle crash caused.
- Take your case to court in Grand Rapids if we must.
We are here to win for you and will do everything within our power to get the settlement or verdict you deserve.
Time Limit for Filing a Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit in Grand Rapids, MI
In Michigan, a motorcycle accident attorney can pursue two actions for a motorcyclist injured in a crash with another vehicle. At Christensen Law, we have experience pursuing both claims. We will also ensure that you meet the deadlines that apply to your specific claim.
- A first-party claim– This is a lawsuit between you, the motorcycle accident victim, and the insurance company responsible for providing No-Fault benefits, which are also known as PIP (personal injury protection) benefits. The statute of limitations for filing this claim type is generally one year from the date of the motorcycle accident.
- A third-party claim– This is a lawsuit filed against the negligent party responsible for causing your motorcycle accident (often a motorist, but potentially a company). Damages available in a third-party claim may include physical pain and suffering and economic benefits. The statute of limitations for a third-party claim is generally three years from the date of the motorcycle accident.
The statute of limitations can pass very quickly, so we urge you to reach out as soon as possible to get started.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Grand Rapids
Our lawyers will undertake a comprehensive investigation into the causes of your motorcycle accident in Grand Rapids to determine liability.
It is an unfortunate truth that all motorists on the roads in Grand Rapids face the risk of a crash. However, motorcyclists are uniquely vulnerable to serious and even catastrophic injuries. Common causes of motorcycle accidents in Grand Rapids include:
- Motorists’ blind spots– Motorcycles are much smaller than trucks, cars, and other passenger vehicles. That is one reason why motorists can have a hard time spotting motorcyclists. Motorists may make left turns in front of motorcyclists’ right-of-way at an intersection, causing a crash. Motorcyclists driving in the blind spot of cars are at risk for cut-offs, violations of the motorcyclists’ right-of-way, and serious collisions between the two vehicles. Motorcyclists are at even greater risk when near trucks, which often have several large blind spots.
- Distracted driving– Activities like eating, texting, and operating the radio or a cell phone can cause driver distraction. Distracted drivers are much more likely to cause a motorcycle accident than drivers paying full attention to the road. Studies show that motorists who text and drive are nearly as dangerous as intoxicated drivers.
- Dooring– Dooring occurs when a driver or passenger exiting a vehicle opens a car door while in traffic. When motorists and passengers fail to look for oncoming traffic, they risk opening the door in the path of a motorcyclist.
- Sudden stops– Motorcycle riders making sudden stops can suffer injuries during rear-end accidents, specifically when motorists behind them do not stop in time. Motorcyclists can suffer severe injuries during rear-end collisions.
We handle all types of accidents, so don’t think we won’t be able to help you with your motorcycle accident claim or lawsuit.
We Pride Ourselves on Serving the Grand Rapids Motorcycle Community
Without our community, Christensen Law would just be another law firm. We have dedicated ourselves to the betterment of the lives of Michiganders for over 30 years, one case at a time. Bikers are especially close to our hearts, and it is a privilege to serve riders’ personal injury needs.
We have many satisfied clients, but don’t take our word for it:
- “I got into a motorcycle accident and a friend in the biker community suggested I call Christensen Law. I have zero regrets since. They treat their clients as family. My concerns were theirs and their customer service is top notch. I would recommend them to anyone in need of a personal injury attorney.” – Jessica Carman
- “Christensen law helped me tremendously after my motorcycle accident. I was swamped with medical bills and was able to get them all paid with a little extra to get a new bike. They are the best.” – Dahlia Puente
Victims of motorcycle accidents don’t always get the respect they deserve, but we can guarantee it here at Christensen Law. Let us help you hold the at-fault driver responsible for their behavior.
Talk to a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Serving Grand Rapids Now – Call Christensen Law for Your Free Consultation
If you or a loved one have suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation. At Christensen Law, we handle motorcycle accident cases in the greater Grand Rapids area. Our skilled, experienced trial attorneys will investigate all aspects of your motorcycle accident. We know how to build a strong case on your behalf.
At Christensen Law, you’ll find personal injury lawyers who handle various injury cases:
- Grand Rapids Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Grand Rapids Truck Accident Lawyer
- Grand Rapids Car Accident Lawyer
- Grand Rapids Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Grand Rapids Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The Grand Rapids motorcycle accident attorneys at Christensen Law are committed to helping you move forward with your life. We work on a contingency fee basis, which means that we don’t get paid unless we help you recover compensation. Call us at 248-900-9000 for your free consultation.