If you or a loved one is recovering from injuries after a motor vehicle collision, slip and fall, or any other type of accident that another party’s negligence caused, you may have grounds for an injury claim or lawsuit. At Christensen Law, our Grand Rapids, MI, personal injury lawyers will guide you through every step of getting the financial compensation you need and deserve.
Since 1991, our dedicated team of injury lawyers has stood for the rights of clients harmed by others’ wrongful actions. We are here to safeguard your future by securing your medical expenses and other losses. We will fight to ensure those who caused your injuries pay for your damages – not your or your loved ones.
Contact us today or call 248-900-9000 to learn more about how our Michigan personal injury lawyers can help you rediscover your peace of mind. The initial consultation is free, and there is no fee until we win your case.
Our Grand Rapids Attorneys Will Protect Your Rights and Financial Future After an Accident
At Christensen Law, we are all about protecting, guiding, and serving those who may not have access to justice. Our approach sets us apart from other law firms, and we know what Michigan injury victims and their families face in the aftermath of an accident or collision. Our attorneys have made it their mission to help individuals whose lives have been upended by severe and fatal accidents.
We take a compassionate, client-centered approach to everything we do. We know you have many choices when selecting a lawyer, so we treat your trust in us like the honor that it is. We will listen to your needs, address your concerns, and tirelessly pursue the awards you need to get back on your feet. Our Grand Rapids personal injury lawyers can:
We Will Seek the Recoverable Damages You Are Due
A severe injury can result in significant medical expenses and extended time off from work. These and other accident-related costs can quickly add up, and your monthly bills do not just stop because you have an injury. We know these financial pressures can put a huge strain on you and your family during an already challenging time.
We can protect your financial stability now and in the future by identifying and calculating your current and expected damages and pursuing a settlement or verdict that offers full and fair compensation. Possible personal injury damages may include:
- Medical treatment, including emergency transportation and services, surgeries, hospital stays, doctor’s visits, medications, medical devices and equipment, physical therapy, extended nursing, and life care
- Lost income, including back pay, benefits, bonuses, tips, and other earnings
- Lost earning capacity if your injuries force you to change jobs, reduce your hours, or leave the workforce
- Household services
- Medically necessary home and vehicle modifications
- Physical pain and suffering
- Disabling and catastrophic injuries
- Emotional and mental distress
- Loss of enjoyment
- Diminished quality of life
- Wrongful death of a loved one, including medical bills, funeral and burial expenses, and loss of your family member’s financial contributions, services, support, companionship, and care
We will do everything necessary to recover the awards you need for medical treatment and more. We approach every case as though it will head to trial, and we will not skimp on resources or accept less than you deserve in favor of an easy resolution. We have recovered compensation for thousands of clients, including hundreds of wins before judges and juries. Our Michigan personal injury case results include:
- $17.8 million for a truck accident
- $3.2 million for a head-on collision
- $2 million for a bicycle accident
- $2 million for a car wreck
- $1.25 million for a motorcycle accident
- $1.2 million for a pedestrian accident
Establish Your Right to Personal Injury Awards
Winning compensation requires proving that a liable party caused your injuries and resulting financial losses through their reckless, wrongful, or negligent behavior. For example, a driver may be at-fault if they caused a Grand Rapids-area crash while speeding or driving under the influence. Or a Grand Rapids business owner may be legally responsible for your slip and fall if they failed to warn customers about wet or slippery floors.
Our attorneys can put in the work needed to collect evidence and build a solid case for personal injury awards, allowing you to reserve your time and energy for what is most important – your health and your family. Our Grand Rapids injury attorneys can:
- Visit the accident scene to take photographs and gather physical evidence
- Track down and interview eyewitnesses
- Obtain police reports, official accident reports, medical records, and other documents
- Locate available cell phone, surveillance, or dashcam video of your accident
- Consult with subject matter experts, such as doctors, vocational experts, economists, engineers, and accident reconstruction specialists
- Prove your financial losses using receipts, bills, invoices, and pay stubs
Be Your Voice
At-fault parties and their insurers likely will not hand you a check that covers your damages. Even your No-Fault insurance provider in a car accident case will look out for company profits over your best interests. We know the tactics insurance companies use to keep payouts low, and we can stand up for you. We will:
- Handle all case-related phone calls, meetings, and emails
- Negotiate for the maximum possible compensation and push back against insurance agents who play hardball
- Review settlement offers and reject low-ball payouts
- Stand up to bad faith tactics
- Defend you against allegations of wrongdoing or attempts to blame your injuries on you or your behavior
- Fight for your rights and fair awards at trial if necessary
Our Michigan Personal Injury Attorneys Take Various Cases
Our Grand Rapids personal injury lawyers and compassionate staff have earned a reputation for winning big. We work on a wide variety of personal injury cases, including:
- Car accidents – Unfortunately, car accidents are common in Grand Rapids. In 2021 alone, the Michigan State Police reported over 20,000 car accidents in Kent County. An auto accident can cause serious injuries or death, leaving victims with expensive medical bills and a long road to recovery. If you sustained injuries in a collision on Gerald R. Ford Freeway, Michigan Street, or anywhere else in Grand Rapids, our personal injury lawyers can advise you of your legal rights and help you file a claim for compensation. At our law firm, we have years of experience helping car accident victims get the justice and compensation they deserve. We will work tirelessly to get you the best possible outcome in your case.
- Truck accidents – Grand Rapids is no stranger to truck accidents. If you suffered injuries in a commercial vehicle crash, we can help you navigate the claims or legal process and ensure you receive the awards owed. Trucking companies must follow certain safety regulations, and when they fail to do so, it can result in serious accidents. Truck drivers also have a duty to drive safely and avoid distractions. When these precautions are not taken, innocent victims can sustain serious and fatal physical harm. Christensen Law can help you get started today.
- Motorcycle accidents – If you or a loved one were in a motorcycle accident, our personal injury attorneys can assist you. At Christensen Law, we have years of experience helping people who have suffered injuries in motorcycle accidents. We know how to fight for the compensation needed to get your life back on track.
- Bicycle accidents – Bike accidents can result in serious injuries because riders lack the protections of a vehicle cab. It is important to ensure that you are adequately compensated for your losses. At Christensen Law, we have extensive experience representing clients in personal injury cases resulting from bicycle accidents.
- Pedestrian accidents – Like bicyclists, pedestrians are at a distinct disadvantage in the face of a motor vehicle. Even at low speeds, the injuries can be devastating. Our experienced investigators can reconstruct the accident scene using testimony from eyewitnesses and other sources. This valuable information can convince an insurance company, judge, or jury to award damages in your favor. Our personal injury firm can help you navigate the legal process and fight for the best possible outcome in your case.
- Bus accidents – When bus accidents occur, they can cause catastrophic injuries. In addition, bus accident cases can become complicated because they usually involve multiple passengers and victims. The situation becomes even more complex if a government entity owns the vehicle, such as a city transit bus or school bus. Christensen Law can help hold all those responsible for the bus collision liable. We are not afraid to take on public or private transportation company owners and operators.
- Slip and fall – These accidents can be incredibly dangerous and result in serious personal injury. We can hold property owners responsible if your fall resulted from a hazard on their premises.
- Wrongful death – If you lost a loved one because of someone’s carelessness, a Grand Rapids personal injury attorney from our team has the skill and experience you can trust. We will work with you to seek the compensation owed to your family member’s estate and qualifying survivors.
No matter what type of accident caused your injuries and losses, a lawyer from Christensen Law can help. We have over 30 years of experience representing clients in a wide range of personal injury cases. We know how to navigate the legal process and fight for the best possible outcome for you or your loved one. Contact our Grand Rapids office today to schedule a free consultation.
How Long Do You Have to Seek Personal Injury Compensation in Michigan?
Time is short for seeking injury compensation in Michigan. According to Michigan Compiled Laws § 600.5805, you have three years from your accident or loved one’s passing to pursue a personal injury or wrongful death case under the statute of limitations. In addition, if your issue involves a No-Fault insurance claim, you have one year to sue for personal injury protection (PIP) benefits under Michigan Compiled Laws § 500.3145.
Even if you believe your case will settle without legal action, it is important to act quickly because the opposing party may already be mounting a defense against you. Furthermore, witnesses’ memories can fade, evidence can deteriorate, and key details can get lost. Delays can also reduce your insurance bargaining power, leading to denied claims or diminished settlements.
For these reasons, talk to our experienced Grand Rapids personal injury lawyers about your rights while evidence is fresh and readily available. Your initial consultation is free, and we charge nothing upfront or out-of-pocket for our services.
Directions to Our Grand Rapids Law Office
Our personal injury law office is located at 3205 Eaglecrest Drive NE, Suite 100, Grand Rapids, MI 49525.
- From the north: Take M-44 West south to Eaglecrest Drive NE. Our office is just ahead.
- From the south: Head northwest on Broadmoor Avenue SE. Continue on M-44 East /East Beltline Avenue Southeast. Turn right onto Eaglecrest Drive NE. Turn left, then take an immediate right. Our office is on the left.
- From the east: Take M-21 West to Eaglecrest Drive NE. Continue on until you reach our office.
- From the west: Head south toward M-45 West. Follow M-45 East / Lake Michigan Drive and I-196 East to M-21 West. Take Exit 39, then M-44 East / East Beltline Avenue NE.
Contact Christensen Law for Help with Your Grand Rapids Personal Injury Case
The dedicated personal injury team at Christensen Law can help you start down the road to financial recovery today. Contact us or reach out by phone at 248-900-9000 for a free consultation. A team member can take your call 24/7 and tell you more about how our Grand Rapids, MI, personal injury lawyers can serve you.
You do not have to fight alone. At Christensen Law in Grand Rapids, we thrive on helping you seek justice and peace of mind. Let us take care of your case while you care for yourself and your loved ones.