When you’re out walking or jogging on or near our roadways, you expect and deserve to be safe from all harm. However, that is often not the case. If a negligent motorist has injured you, a Detroit pedestrian accident lawyer from Christensen Law will fight for the compensation you need to recover.
Reckless motorists should, and can, be held accountable. The attorneys at Christensen Law have recovered record-breaking settlements and judgments for our clients in Detroit and throughout the state of Michigan, and we can assist you. Call Christensen Law today at 248-900-9000 for your free consultation.
Recoverable Damages from a Pedestrian Accident in Detroit — We Will Demand Fair Compensation for You
The Christensen Law team has fought for victims of negligence in Detroit since 1991. Year after year, we represent victims of pedestrian accidents with severe and sometimes fatal injuries.
Whether by settlement or judgment, our team of highly experienced trial lawyers will fight for compensation to cover:
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Treatment for psychological and emotional trauma
- Lost income
- Loss of earning power
- Loss of other professional benefits
- Any other damages resulting from your pedestrian accident
As your advocate, it is our job to investigate and prepare your case for settlement or trial while you focus on healing. Our attorneys will demand the money that you deserve for your damages—our interest is securing the justice you deserve, including fair compensation.
Why Detroit Pedestrian Accident Victims Turn to Christensen Law in Their Time of Need
We aren’t the only law firm serving pedestrian accident victims in Detroit, but we do believe we are the best option. With Christensen Law, you’re treated with respect and personal attention, and we are always available to answer any questions you may have. Our clients hire and appreciate Christensen Law because:
- We truly understand what you’re going through: Our team knows how difficult it is when you are injured or coping with the loss of a loved one. We’ve represented thousands of clients who have sustained significant losses and secured record-setting verdicts and awards in compensation.
- We LISTEN PROTECT WIN: These are our guiding principles – and form the foundation of how we handle each pedestrian accident case in Detroit.
- Former clients love Christensen Law: Our former clients rave about Christensen Law’s empathy, legal skill, and case results. Our commitment is to you – ensuring you receive the absolute best representation and client service.
Many high-volume firms will treat you at arm’s length, and aim to expedite cases as quickly as possible to generate revenue. We’re more concerned about obtaining justice and enter into each case with a trial-bound philosophy. That means getting to know you personally, to fully understand the entirety of your situation. Likewise, you’ll get to know your legal team – who will be in regular communication with you. Let our pedestrian accident team take on the worry, hassle, and complexities of your case, while you focus on your health.
Client Testimonials for Christensen Law’s Team Serving Detroit Clients
We love hearing from our clients about how we handled their cases. Positive feedback validates our commitment to advocacy and the priority we place on client service. Some notable client reviews include:
- “Everyone from the front desk to the paralegals to the trial lawyers at Christensen Law treats their clients as family, not just another case. They are honest, hardworking, skilled, and talented professionals who have integrity and heart.” – Sara Johnson
- “They were knowledgeable about my situation, responsive, and supportive. The staff worked together and was available to answer questions. Most importantly, I felt they were ethical and responsible.” – Wendy Henn
- “After my accident, I reached out to Christensen Law and was guided by attorney Thomas Economy through the process. He and his team made this entire process more manageable for me. I was able to get a fair settlement and would refer them to anyone that has any legal troubles.” – Justin Tatum
You can be confident in selecting Christensen Law for your Detroit pedestrian accident case.
How a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer from Christensen Law Will Fight for You
Our firm has handled thousands of cases, securing financial recoveries for many pedestrian accident victims in Detroit. Our legal team will manage every aspect of your case, including:
- Securing evidence of liable parties’ negligence
- Documenting your damages
- Calculating your case value
- Hiring expert witnesses
- Leading settlement negotiations
- Taking your case to trial, if we need to
Our experienced attorneys take a personal interest in each case we handle. If we have agreed to lead your pedestrian accident case, it’s because you deserve justice. When we take a case, we always plan to win.
The Christensen Law Team Will Determine Fault for Your Pedestrian Accident
Your Detroit pedestrian injury lawyer will need to review all the details of your case to determine who was at fault for your injuries. That’s why it’s important to seek legal help as soon as possible. The sooner you contact us, the more evidence may still be available and the better you’ll be able to recall the details of your accident. We will review traffic videos, eyewitness accounts, police reports, and any other evidence that is relevant to your case in Detroit.
If the motorist in your accident was engaged in negligent behavior at the time of the accident, your attorney will seek to hold them responsible. Examples of negligent driving behaviors include:
- Running red lights
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving
- Failure to give the right of way to pedestrians at crosswalks
- Careless driving through a parking lot
- Parking illegally and obscuring the vision of pedestrians
- Failure to use a turn signal
Motorists don’t always uphold the trust that pedestrians have in them. If you’ve been hit by a negligent motorist, you may find yourself facing severe physical, emotional, and financial challenges.
Children are at a high risk of being injured in a pedestrian accident. Therefore, drivers owe them a special duty of care. Drivers must exercise the greatest caution when driving in areas where children are present, such as schools, playgrounds, and residential areas.
Pedestrians lack the basic protections of cars, so being injured in an accident can be debilitating and life-changing. If you’ve been hit by a negligent driver, a Detroit pedestrian accident lawyer from Christensen Law will fight for your right to compensation.
Statute of Limitations for Detroit Injury Lawsuits
After a pedestrian accident, it’s important not to wait to seek legal help. The statute of limitations for personal injury cases in Michigan is generally three years, per Michigan Compiled Laws § 600.5805. If you bring legal action after this time has elapsed, your case will not be heard.
Certain exceptions could further limit the amount of time you have to file your case, but cannot be relied upon. Don’t wait to get started.
Understanding Insurance Benefits for Pedestrian Accidents in Michigan
Michigan is a no-fault insurance state. That means that if you’ve been hit in a crosswalk or in another kind of pedestrian accident, you may be entitled to two types of benefits from your insurance company:
- First-Party Benefits – These benefits account for your current and future medical bills and lost income if you are unable to work for a long period of time. These benefits also provide a daily stipend to pay for help with household chores that are difficult or impossible to complete in the aftermath of your accident.
- Third-Party Benefits – These benefits include non-economic damages for losses like pain and suffering and decreased quality of life in the event that the accident causes permanent impaired bodily function, disfigurement, or death.
While dealing with the insurance company should be the least of your worries, there are plenty of instances in which insurance companies make it difficult to get your settlement or just stop making payments altogether. A Detroit pedestrian injury attorney from our firm will handle your insurance claim and stand up to any insurance company that refuses to pay every penny you’re owed.
Contact Christensen Law Today About Hiring a Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Detroit, MI—the Consultation Is Free
A qualified injury attorney from Christensen Law will place an appropriate value on your claim and work relentlessly to get financial justice for you.
To get started and to learn more about our pedestrian accident lawyer in Detroit, call us at 248-900-9000 for your free consultation.