Injured motorcyclists and loved ones affected by serious or fatal motorcycle accidents deserve compensation, and they trust the Christensen Law team to secure it. Our firm has fought for motorcycle accident victims in Detroit since 1991, with numerous successful and record-setting verdicts and awards for our clients.
After a crash, having a legal ally to fight for your rights can help you breathe easier while you focus on healing. A Detroit motorcycle accident lawyer from Christensen Law will use their training, experience, and the firm’s resources to fight for your financial recovery. We’re here to get you the compensation you deserve. Call Christensen Law today at 248-900-9000 to complete your free consultation.
Compensation Available for Your Motorcycle Accident in Detroit
Getting compensated for injuries and damages sustained in a motorcycle accident isn’t just a matter of filling out a form. It can be a very confusing process, with many pitfalls that can derail your obtaining full compensation. By contacting a motorcycle attorney from Christensen Law, you can ensure the many complexities are being handled by a lawyer who has the knowledge and experience to secure a positive outcome.
A motorcycle accident can upend your life in every way. You may have severe injuries that limit you for weeks, months, or even years, resulting in protracted rehabilitation and extensive medical bills You may incur emotional as well as physical injuries, impacting your ability to resume work, enjoy hobbies, or even just participate in family activities.
A Detroit motorcycle accident lawyer from our firm will understand all the ways a wreck can impact your life—physically, emotionally, and financially. We will work to ensure your compensation covers:
- Motorcycle repair or replacement
- Lost income and earning power
- Current and future medical bills
- Decreased quality of life
- Pain and suffering
Insurance companies often attempt to avoid paying for your damages, as withholding payments is how insurers make the most money possible. We have a long history of battling insurers and know how they work; you can trust us to prepare your case properly, demand the money you deserve, and obtain the maximum compensation possible. A Detroit motorcycle accident lawyer with Christensen Law will work hard to make sure the at-fault party is held to account.
We Represent Those Affected by Fatal Motorcycle Accidents in Detroit
Our firm’s approach is rooted in empathy gained from representing many motorcycle accident victims and their families, as well as personal experience. We keenly understand what the surviving victims of fatal motorcycle accidents experience, and how their lives change as a result of the event.
Our firm will seek justice for wrongful death victims, which may include recoverable damages like:
- Funeral expenses
- Pain and suffering (of both the deceased motorcyclist and surviving loved ones)
- Lost companionship
- Lost financial support (including the decedent’s future income)
- Loss of household services
- Any other economic or non-economic damages resulting from the fatal motorcycle accident in Detroit
Why Motorcycle Accident Victims in Detroit Hire Lawyers from Christensen Law to Represent Them
There are several clear reasons to hire a Detroit motorcycle accident lawyer from Christensen Law, including:
- Our love for Detroit: With an office located in the heart of Motor City, our firm has a personal and financial stake in Detroit; we are vested in the community and want to see a safer city for all, including motorcyclists.
- Our dedication to our clients: Without fail, our former clients describe a detail-oriented, client-focused legal team that delivers on its promises. You can expect the same level of commitment when you hire a motorcycle accident lawyer from Christensen Law.
- Our interest in securing justice, not settling: Seeking justice doesn’t mean accepting a lowball settlement. Justice means getting all of the money a motorcycle accident victim in Detroit deserves.
We approach every case as if it will go to trial. This way, no matter what turn your case takes, our team will be prepared. Meanwhile, you can focus on your health and recovery. Our firm will handle your case.
Determining Fault in Motorcycle Traffic Accidents
When you first speak with a motorcycle accident lawyer from our Detroit office, we’ll go over the crash in detail in order to determine who’s at fault. This may involve reviewing police reports, witness accounts, photos from the scene, and many other forms of evidence. The sooner you contact us, the better your recall of the event will be, and the more evidence is likely to be available to our attorneys. We need all the details in order to determine the fault and start strategizing your case.
There are many things that can result in an at-fault motorcycle crash, including:
- A motorist following too closely – Tailgating is always dangerous. Whether a motorist was following you too closely on purpose or by accident, you shouldn’t have to pay for their risky actions.
- Dangerous road conditions – Bikers are more likely to be injured due to road hazards like debris in the road, significant potholes, construction materials, and steep shoulder drop-offs. State or local agencies in charge of road upkeep could bear fault in an accident caused by road hazards.
- Left-turn accidents – Drivers turning left in front of motorcyclists may be at fault for motorcycle accident fatalities.
- Improper lane changes – If a driver makes a sudden lane change without checking the blind spot, they may miss the motorcycle riding next to them, resulting in an accident.
- Drunk, distracted, or drowsy driving – A drunk, distracted, or drowsy driver is a hazard to all other drivers on the road. Due to a motorcycle’s small size and limited protection, motorcyclists face a great risk of injury from other drivers’ reckless behavior.
Insurers may look for reasons to call you reckless or careless, implying or stating that you are at fault for your accident and damages. Getting a fair hearing and the full settlement you deserve can feel like an uphill battle. With the Christensen Law team on your side, your case (including its challenges) becomes our responsibility. Your Detroit motorcycle accident lawyer will stand up to the insurer and ensure that unfair accusations don’t prevent you from getting justice or fair compensation.
The Christensen Law Team Will Lead Every Step of Your Motorcycle Accident Case in Detroit
We provide end-to-end legal services, from initial consultation through to final award. You’ll always know who the attorney working your case is and their full legal team – and you’ll be in constant touch with everyone involved. Further, you’ll be notified of your case status as it progresses through the various phases, and what will happen at each stage. As you recover from your injuries or work through grief, our motorcycle accident team will:
- Secure evidence
- Document and calculate your damages
- Deal with insurance companies
- Lead settlement negotiations
- Take your case to trial if necessary
- Protect your rights the entire way
Our firm has successfully completed thousands of cases and recovered multiple millions for clients throughout the state of Michigan. Our team of attorneys and support staff will ensure that liable parties pay fairly for your motorcycle accident in Detroit.
Motorcycle Insurance in Detroit, Michigan
There are many considerations and nuances to insurance and motorcycle accident law in Detroit; our team is here to answer any questions you may have.
For example, Michigan is a “no-fault” car insurance state. However, this does not apply to motorcycles. Accordingly, they aren’t governed by the same insurance rules as cars. Because the state does not classify motorcycles as motor vehicles, seeking insurance coverage can be complicated.
As a general rule, you can seek compensation after a wreck when someone else was at fault. If you were involved in an accident with a car or truck, you can recover damages from the at-fault party. Christensen Law can handle the insurance claims process for you as well as any third-party claim.
If you wish to pursue a personal injury lawsuit against a negligent driver, Michigan’s statute of limitations generally requires you to do so within three years. This makes it crucial to act fast and get the help of a Detroit motorcycle accident lawyer.
Contact Our Motorcycle Traffic Collision Lawyer in Detroit Today
The days and weeks after a motorcycle accident are very difficult, but you don’t have to face them alone. Complete a free consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer in Detroit with Christensen Law today.
Call 248-900-9000 for your free consultation.