If you’ve been hurt on the job in Detroit, you might be eligible to recover the full cost of your damages rather than simply accepting a workers’ compensation settlement. Find out your options by speaking with a Detroit construction accident lawyer from Christensen Law today.
Every job carries some risk for injury, but few industries are as dangerous to work in as construction. As a construction worker, you’re put into hazardous situations virtually every single day, and when you get injured as a result, you deserve to be fairly compensated for your losses.
Call Christensen Law today at 248-900-9000 for your free consultation and to learn more about working with our team.
Christensen Law’s Promise: Fighting for the Compensation to Which You’re Entitled
A serious injury can result in several expenses and quality-of-life losses that aren’t covered by workers’ compensation. You may want to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit to recover your damages. Severe injuries including brain injuries, spinal cord damage, and amputations are common in the construction industry, and they’re the types of injuries for which we frequently obtain compensation for clients in Detroit.
A Detroit construction accident lawyer from our firm can ensure that all of your losses and damages are accounted for—not just the most obvious ones. Some of the economic and non-economic damages that you might receive compensation for include:
- Current and future medical bills not covered by workers’ compensation
- The percentage of your lost income not covered by workers’ compensation
- Transportation expenses and caregiver costs
- Any other out-of-pocket expenses not covered by workers’ comp
- Pain and suffering
- Disfigurement and emotional trauma
- Lost enjoyment of life
It’s common for our clients to feel overwhelmed in the aftermath of an accident. We will clearly explain your options for seeking compensation, and get to work obtaining the justice you deserve.
We Represent Those Who’ve Lost Loved Ones to Fatal Construction Accidents in Detroit
If you have lost a loved one in a construction accident in Detroit, we are here to support you and your family. Our team can file a wrongful death case on your behalf to seek justice for your loss, which may include compensation for:
- Funeral costs
- Your loved one’s pain and suffering
- Your loved one’s medical bills
- Loss of your loved one’s companionship and care
Why Do Injured Construction Workers in Detroit Trust Christensen Law with Their Cases?
When construction workers suffer injuries, they deserve a law firm that will fight for the fair compensation they deserve. That’s Christensen Law, a firm built upon authenticity, honesty, and relentless advocacy for our clients.
Clients hire us because:
- We take the time to understand you: Our lawyers will listen to the details of your case with compassion and understanding. We know this is a difficult time and will not push you to speak about anything you aren’t ready to discuss. We’re here at all times, to talk about your case and answer your questions.
- We know and love Detroit: There is no city like Motor City, and we’ve been advocating for clients in Detroit since 1991 from our offices on Griswold Street. We are Detroiters and Michiganders, local professionals who are deeply invested in serving our communities.
- We listen before we begin fighting for you: Communication is a vital feature of good representation, and that communication must flow in both directions. Your attorney and their entire team will listen to your account of events, learn about your damages, then fight for your financial recovery. We will continue to communicate with you throughout the process (via phone, email, text, apps, etc.) to keep you apprised of the status of your case.
- We’ll protect you while you heal: Once Christensen Law takes your case, it’s time for you to focus on your recovery. Your first priority is to heal and gain some control over your day-to-day life. Let our firm focus on protecting you and safeguarding your future.
What Options Do Injured Construction Workers Have for Pursuing Compensation in Detroit?
You always have the option of pursuing a workers’ compensation claim in these situations—and you generally should—but it’s a fact that workers’ comp doesn’t always cover all of an injured worker’s damages or losses. In many cases, you’ll only receive coverage for your medical bills and a percentage of your weekly income.
However, if your accident meets certain criteria, you might have options beyond just workers’ comp. In some circumstances, you can seek compensation for all your losses and injuries, but there may be a number of challenges along the way. A Detroit construction accident lawyer from Christensen Law can help you through these challenges, leading your case while you focus on your health.
Can I File a Personal Injury Claim for a Worksite Accident?
One of the earliest steps in your case will be determining whether you have grounds to move beyond the workers’ comp system and file a personal injury claim. There are two broad categories that these situations fall under: claims against an employer and claims against a third party.
In some circumstances, you won’t be able to sue your employer. In fact, protecting employers from liability is one of the main purposes of the workers’ comp system. There are exceptions, though. If your employer failed to carry workers’ compensation insurance at the time you became injured or sick, you generally have the right to file a personal injury case against them.
Additionally, you can seek additional compensation from your employer if some form of malice or willful negligence led to your injury or illness. This means that your Detroit construction accident lawyer will need to prove that your employer either intended to harm you or was aware of the danger but put you in harm’s way anyway. An example of this would be an unaddressed and outstanding Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) violation.
If a third party is responsible for your construction accident in Detroit, you may be able to sue that party. Potentially liable third parties in a construction accident case include:
- A negligent driver or pedestrian passing through the construction site
- The manufacturer of a toxic chemical or substance
- The manufacturer of faulty machinery or defective safety equipment
- A negligent third-party contractor
- The owner of the property if your company wasn’t informed of a hazard that was present
. Our experience serving construction accident workers in Detroit allows us to evaluate and resolve legal cases like yours efficiently and with the outcome you deserve.
We Will Investigate Your Detroit Construction Accident
Your Detroit construction accident lawyer will need to conduct a thorough investigation to build a case proving who was responsible for your injuries. You can expect the at-fault party to deny liability, especially if they know that you were hurt during an on-the-job accident. Our team will quickly work to gather all relevant evidence, witness accounts, and expert testimony.
We handle many types of construction accident cases, including those involving:
- Explosions and fires
- Falls from heights
- Being struck by falling objects
- Getting caught in between objects or machinery
- Forklift and crane accidents
- Welding accidents
Connect With a Detroit Construction Injury Lawyer
Construction workers take on a lot of risks to build and maintain our city; we applaud that dedication and want to support you. We’re here to fight for you when you need help.
If you’ve been hurt while working at a job site or have lost a loved one, a Detroit construction accident lawyer from Christensen Law will be your most dedicated advocate.
Speak with our team today by calling us for a free consultation at 248-900-9000.