If you’ve suffered a brain injury, you may be facing some drastic life changes. A head injury that causes lasting brain or other bodily damage can disrupt everything – your ability to work, your relationships, and your overall quality of life. You deserve an experienced Detroit brain injury lawyer with a comprehensive knowledge of this very specific injury type, and a proven track record in winning these cases. At Christensen Law, we have a team of highly successful trial attorneys experienced in traumatic brain injury (TBI)
Whatever the cause of your head injury, the negligent party can and should be held accountable. A Detroit brain injury lawyer with Christensen Law will fight to get you the compensation you deserve. Call Christensen Law today at 248-900-9000 for your free consultation.
Why You Should Hire Your Detroit Brain Injury Lawyer From Christensen Law
It can be difficult to know how to go about pursuing a case or obtaining compensation for your losses, but you don’t have to face the legal process alone.
The brain injury lawyers at Christensen Law have successfully represented hundreds of clients with TBI and brain, spinal, and other physical injuries resulting from auto, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, and other types of accidents. Our clients trust Christensen’s Law because:
- We pride ourselves on being different from other personal injury firms: Our firm doesn’t fit stereotypes of personal injury lawyers or firms. We are not a high-volume firm that focuses on expediting cases through settling with third parties or insurance companies. Instead, we approach all cases with a trial-bound philosophy, to ensure we are fully prepared for every phase of your case. Our attorneys are not only highly knowledgeable, but also authentic, personable, and dedicated to their clients. We give everyone the personalized attention they deserve.
- Detroit is our home: Never worry about being able to reach your attorney or get in-person counsel. Our office on Griswold Street ensures we provide clients in Detroit with attentive, on-site legal representation. We can meet at our office, or if necessary, at your home or treatment facility.
- Our fee structure is favorable to brain injury victims: Brain injury victims pay nothing upfront or out of their own pocket. We only get a fee when we secure a favorable verdict or award. Until then, we carry the cost of your case to make it as easy as possible for you to hire our legal team.
- We’re the voice of the unheard, and we intend to get the financial recovery you deserve: Our attorneys choose cases selectively, as we want to ensure every client gets our full attention. Expect compassionate, attentive, and responsive legal service from the entire Christensen Law team.
- We LISTEN PROTECT WIN: Our firm’s guiding mantra is LISTEN PROTECT WIN. We will protect you from insurance companies, guide you through the legal process, and provide the best legal representation and service throughout the process.
Recoverable Damages in a Detroit Brain Injury Case
The nature and severity of your brain injury will determine the damages you can recover, as will other factors specific to your case. In many brain injury cases, we can recover damages such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical expenses
- Rehabilitation costs
- Lost income
- Diminished earning power
- Lost opportunities to earn bonuses and promotions
You or your loved one may also need an in-home caregiver, medical equipment, third-party transportation, and other services while you recover from your injury. We can add these items to your demand for compensation. We take the time and effort necessary to calculate your damages so that you can get the care you need and the financial justice you deserve.
How We Determine the Amount of Compensation You’re Owed
If someone else’s negligence caused your brain injury, you shouldn’t bear the financial burden of your recovery. Your brain injury attorney will fight to get you a fair settlement for all your financial challenges and will consider factors like:
- The specific type of injury you suffered
- The symptoms your brain injury has caused
- Your prognosis and whether or not doctors expect you to fully recover
- The specific damages that your injury has cost you
- The monetary value of your damages
To us, you’re not just a case or a file number; we respect and treat all of our clients with personal care and attention – and that means communicating and relating on a human scale. We want to start your case as soon as possible, but we also want to hear every detail of your story and injury.
What Will a Brain Injury Lawyer from Christensen Law Do to Fight Your Case in Detroit?
We approach every case as if it is going to trial, and are deeply involved in our client’s cases and lives from the beginning in order to best understand the complete picture and impact of the accident. Our attorneys will monitor your treatment, progress, and recovery, and encourage you to prioritize your health. Meanwhile, we will:
- Launch an investigation into the cause of your brain injury
- Identify every party who owes you compensation for your damages
- Document your damages and calculate your target settlement
- Work with prominent experts and economists to prepare your case for settlement negotiations
- Lead settlement negotiations
- Prepare your case for trial, if necessary
While you’ll experience empathy in every interaction with Christensen Law, we take a different approach with insurers. Liable parties know we mean business, and if they won’t offer the compensation you deserve, we’ll take your case to court.
Types of Brain Injuries We See in Clients
Brain injuries are surprisingly common. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that in the most recent data year, there were over 64,000 traumatic brain injury (TBI) related deaths in the United States. Even a mild concussion is considered a form of brain injury and can have lasting repercussions.
In an open brain injury, the skull is fractured. In a closed brain injury, the skull remains intact. However, closed brain injuries can be just as dangerous as open brain injuries due to the risk of blood clots forming and brain swelling.
A Detroit brain injury attorney from our firm will have extensive prior experience representing clients who have had many types of head injuries, including:
- Concussion – A concussion occurs after a blow to the head and may or may not involve the victim passing out.
- Swelling – Swelling increases pressure inside the skull, which can create a serious risk for neurological problems, seizures, stroke, and death.
- Tearing – This occurs when the brain suffers nerve damage. Tearing in the brain can disrupt bodily functions.
It’s not always obvious when a brain injury occurs. After an accident, it is important to monitor yourself if:
you have difficulty remembering things, feel a severe headache, are nauseous, feel confused, or have weakness or numbness on one side of the body,
These are signs that you might have suffered a head injury. Seek medical attention immediately, then retain Christensen Law to represent you.
Potential Causes of a Brain Injury in Detroit
Because our attorneys have handled thousands of cases, we’re well acquainted with the causes and impacts of brain injuries. Each of these injuries is serious, and we’ll identify those who created the circumstances that caused you harm.
According to the CDC, falls are the most common cause of brain injury. The second leading cause is being struck by an object, while automobile accidents account for the third largest number of head injuries.
Often, construction workers may suffer a brain injury on the job if they are working with improper equipment or coworkers who are not thoroughly trained. In those instances, the injured worker is eligible to make a claim beyond workers’ disability compensation.
If your brain injury occurred as a result of a car accident with a negligent driver, we can assist in filing a case against the liable motorist.
Contact a Brain Injury Attorney in Detroit Today for Your Free Consultation
For help determining who was at fault for your injury, valuing your case, and getting the compensation you deserve, contact a traumatic brain injury lawyer in Detroit, MI with Christensen Law today. Call 248-900-9000 for your free consultation.