Did you or someone you love suffer injuries in a car accident in Grand Rapids, Michigan? If so, you may feel the stress and strain of mounting medical bills, lost income, and other financial burdens. Someone else’s negligence should not mean that you have to struggle to get back on your feet.
The personal injury attorneys at Christensen Law have more than 30 years of case experience they can use to help you get the compensation you deserve. We strive to offer injured clients compassionate, responsive legal services backed by an award-winning team.
It is never too early to consult with a Grand Rapids car accident lawyer about a collision. At Christensen Law, we offer free, no-obligation consultations. Contact us today or call 248-900-9000 to learn more about how we can fight for your medical expenses, lost earnings, and other damages.
How Can Our Grand Rapids Car Accident Attorney Make a Difference in Your Case?
Hiring Christensen Law to handle your Grand Rapids car accident case can ensure the insurance company treats you fairly and offers a settlement that satisfies your losses. Our Michigan personal injury attorneys know the state’s No-Fault insurance laws and can help you seek a favorable personal injury protection (PIP) settlement, no matter who or what caused the crash.
Our lawyers can also help with negligence-based liability insurance claims or personal injury lawsuits against parties liable for your collision, including drivers, vehicle parts manufacturers, or private or government property owners. We can help with all aspects of your auto accident case, including:
- Investigating the facts of your car accident to determine all liable parties
- Collecting evidence needed to build your case, such as eyewitness statements, medical records, police reports, and expert testimony
- Helping you navigate the health care system to effectively treat and document your injuries
- Consulting with doctors to determine the extent of your injuries and their effect on your life
- Submitting all your current claims for medical expenses, lost income, and other damages
- Estimating future treatment costs, lost income, and ongoing expenses related to your accident
- Negotiating with the insurance adjusters to ensure you receive the most advantageous possible settlement
- Filing a lawsuit and representing you at trial if necessary
- Updating you on your case’s progress
Auto insurance companies will look out for their bottom line over your best interests, but our firm has stood for injured clients since 1991. We have the experience necessary to help you get the settlement you deserve.
If you want to work with a Grand Rapids car accident attorney, you can contact us today for your free consultation. We are happy to review your case with you so that you have the information you need to make the right decision for you and your family.
How Much Is Your Grand Rapids Car Accident Case Worth?
Every car accident is different, so your settlement or verdict’s value depends on the nature and severity of your injuries. How the accident affects your life daily is also a factor. Our Grand Rapids car accident attorneys will determine full and fair compensation for your case using bills, receipts, invoices, pay stubs, estimates, and other documentation.
Aside from always advocating for you, our main goal is to protect your financial stability. We will demand your PIP provider and the at-fault party’s insurance company pay your damages so that you and your loved ones do not shoulder the financial burden of an accident you did not cause. We put every resource at our disposal toward this end and prepare every case as though for trial. We will not sacrifice financial justice in favor of an easy resolution.
Potential car accident compensation may include:
- Past and future medical treatment for your injury
- Lost income, including back pay and benefits
- Lost earning capacity if you have an injury that affects your ability to work
- Permanent disability, scarring, and disfigurement
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional anguish
- Impaired quality of life
If your loved one died because of a car accident, we can help their personal representative pursue a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of their estate and survivors. We can seek compensation for your loved one’s medical bills, funeral and burial expenses, pain and suffering, and the loss of their financial contributions, support, services, care, and guidance.
We Have Won Millions of Dollars for Motor Vehicle Accident Victims
Our firm has helped thousands of clients recover compensation for personal injuries, and our record includes hundreds of trial wins. Our successful auto accident settlements and verdicts include:
- $17.8 million for a truck accident
- $3.2 million for a head-on collision
- $2 million for a car wreck
- $1.25 million for a motorcycle accident
Attorney David E. Christensen and the legal team at Christensen Law have helped car accident victims in Grand Rapids and across Michigan get justice and compensation for more than 30 years. Whatever injury you have suffered, our firm can help you recover the funds you need to get your life back on track. Call now for a free consultation.
How Long Do You Have to File a Car Accident Claim in Michigan?
According to Michigan Compiled Laws § 600.5805, you have three years from the date of your accident or loved one’s passing to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. Under Michigan Compiled Laws § 500.3145, you have one year to sue regarding a PIP claim.
Our attorneys can help you pursue PIP and liability insurance compensation. However, if the insurance companies deny your settlement or offer inadequate payment, we may have to take your Grand Rapids car accident case to court. For this reason, it is important to begin your claim as soon as possible.
Steps to Take to Protect Your Rights After a Car Accident
Sometimes, insurance companies will try to take advantage of your lack of experience. If you were in a car accident in Michigan, take these steps to protect your right to seek compensation:
- Stay at the scene. Never leave the accident scene until it is safe and appropriate. Leaving the scene without stopping could constitute a hit-and-run.
- Call the police. If your crash caused injuries, serious property damage, or death, dial 911 to call the police. If there is only minor damage, call the police on a non-emergency line. Request that the police file an accident report. The report will record the at-fault parties’ names, phone numbers, and contact information. You will need this to file an accident claim.
- Take pictures of the scene. If physically able, use your phone to photograph the accident scene, any visible injuries you have, and the damage to your car. Take photos of the other car, too.
- Speak with witnesses. Eyewitnesses may be helpful for your car accident claim. Get all witnesses’ contact information so we can reach out for a statement. Witnesses can support your claim with testimony that describes how the at-fault party caused the accident.
- Get medical attention. When the emergency medical responders arrive, ask them to examine you. Even if you do not think you sustained an injury, visiting your doctor for a thorough checkup is a good idea. Your doctor may identify injuries that are not apparent to you, such as a concussion. A medical examination is important to your health and documents your injuries for your car wreck case.
- Keep your medical bills and other documents. Keep detailed records of all damages the accident caused. We can use those records, including hospital bills, doctor’s appointments, prescriptions, and physical therapy records, as evidence.
- Hire an attorney. Our auto accident attorneys can help you navigate your car crash claim, allowing you to focus on your health and recovery.
Talk to a Car Accident Lawyer in Grand Rapids, MI – Call 24/7
When someone else’s negligent actions cause you injury, you have the right to demand compensation for the resulting damages. You may qualify for financial awards that cover the cost of your medical treatment, lost income, pain and suffering, and more.
Insurance companies may offer you an unfair, lowball settlement rather than the fair claim our qualified attorneys can help you obtain. Contact us for a free consultation or call Christensen Law at 248-900-9000 before accepting the insurance company’s settlement offer. Connect with a Grand Rapids car accident lawyer near you. A team member is available 24/7 to answer your questions and tell you more about our services.