Can I sue the state government for causing my personal injury?

heading divider

Yes. You can seek compensation from the government for causing an accident. Michigan has special procedures and reduced time limits that must be observed. You must file notice of your injury claim against a state agency within 120 days after the accident if the accident involved bad highway upkeep or a public building.