Can I seek compensation if my family member died due to a personal injury?

heading divider

Michigan allows certain relatives of a deceased victim to file what is called a wrongful death claim. A wrongful death claim is much like a personal injury one. It allows you to seek damages on behalf of your deceased loved one, as well as for the loss your family has suffered.