Injuries caused by a truck accident can be devastating to you and your family, with lasting consequences. Just dealing with the immediate issuess can be overwhelming – who will pay for your medical bills, how will you get your car fixed or replaced, what happens if you can’t work? While these are all legitimate concerns, you should be focused on medical treatment and healing in the aftermath of such an accident.
At Christensen Law, we understand the challenges you are facing, and can help deal with the day-to-day issues. Our compassionate Michigan truck accident attorneys have decades of experience successfully handling complex cases like yours. We have the skills and the resources to take on deep-pocketed trucking companies and their insurers. We have recovered millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for semi-truck accident victims across Michigan, and we can help you.
If you have been hurt in a truck accident, contact our law firm today to learn about your legal right to compensation.
Why Truck Accident Cases Are More Complex
The sheer impact of an 80,000-pound commercial motor vehicle slamming into a 5,000-pound passenger car leaves little chance of the car’s occupants escaping unharmed. Although these types of accidents cause devasting damages, the victims’ claims for compensation are not as straightforward as they should be. In fact, it is crucial that you have an experienced Michigan semi-truck accident lawyer by your side to ensure your rights are protected during this difficult time.
Some of the elements that make truck accident cases much more complex than claims involving two passenger vehicles include:
- Injuries are typically more severe. Victims may be left with life-altering, debilitating injuries. In the worst cases, victims do not survive the crash. Truck accident injuries can be very expensive to treat and may have a permanent impact on the victim’s ability to earn a living or maintain the same quality of life as before the crash.
- There are often multiple potential at-fault parties and insurance companies involved. There are many companies that play a role in keeping a commercial truck on the road, and their role in the truck’s crash should be thoroughly investigated. Sadly, when multiple parties are involved, they may try to play the blame game and cause delays in your claim for compensation.
- Investigations are more complicated. Your commercial truck accident lawyer will need to gather and preserve a wealth of evidence, as well as work with a team of knowledgeable experts to get to the bottom of what exactly caused your crash. These investigations require skill, resources, and swift action.
- Layers of state and federal trucking laws apply. The trucking industry is heavily regulated, with many safety protocols in place to protect everyone on the road. When trucking companies and drivers break these laws, their negligence can cause a devastating accident. It is important that you have a truck accident attorney who has extensive knowledge of Michigan trucking laws as well as Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations.
How Our Michigan Truck Accident Attorney Can Help
You should never attempt to file or negotiate a truck accident injury claim without a highly qualified attorney on your side. The trucking companies will have aggressive adjusters and attorneys working to protect their interests, and you deserve the same.
At Christensen Law, our respected team of top trial attorneys will:
- Provide a free, no-obligation consultation so we can discuss your accident, your injuries, and your legal right to compensation
- Ensure you have access to appropriate treatment for your injuries, if you are having a difficult time finding a doctor or specialist
- Move quickly to gather evidence and prevent the trucking companies from destroying important evidence
- Work with highly trained accident reconstruction experts to investigate and determine the cause of your crash
- Identify all parties that should be held responsible, as well as all sources of compensation for you
- Work with you to thoroughly document the full extent of the damages you have suffered
- Consult with medical specialists, economists, life care planners, and other professionals to assess how your injuries will affect you in the future
- Negotiate aggressively with all the insurance companies and parties involved, demanding the full and fair compensation you deserve
- Prepare to take your case to trial if the trucking company refuses to offer a satisfactory settlement
If you have been contacted by an insurance adjuster or been offered a settlement by a trucking company, please call us right away. A semi-truck accident lawyer can review your case free of charge and help you understand the full value of your claim.