Commercial trucks are common on the highways in Grand Rapids and throughout Michigan. The sheer size, weight, and large blind spots of semi-trucks pose serious dangers to other motorists. Because of this, when a semi-truck accident occurs, the results are often devastating. Those in the smaller, lighter passenger vehicle can suffer severe and catastrophic injuries that require ongoing medical care and costly treatments.
Unfortunately, trucking companies and insurance carriers will often do everything possible to limit their financial responsibility after an accident. Having a Grand Rapids truck accident lawyer with Christensen Law on your side can benefit you and make it easier to manage the recovery process. Our personal injury attorneys will investigate the truck accident and gather the evidence to hold the negligent parties responsible. We will fight for full and fair compensation.
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a Grand Rapids commercial vehicle accident, our skilled and compassionate attorneys can protect your rights and help you get the compensation you need for your recovery. For a free and confidential consultation, contact us online or call 248-900-9000 today.
Our Grand Rapids Truck Accident Lawyers Can Handle Every Detail of Your Case
Christensen Law’s truck accident lawyers in Grand Rapids, MI, can handle all aspects of your trucking accident case, allowing you the time you need to focus on your health and recovery. Our personal injury attorneys fully understand state and federal trucking regulations and Michigan’s complicated No-Fault insurance system.
We Can Pursue Personal Injury Protection Benefits
Regardless of who is at fault for your collision, our lawyers can fight for your right to obtain No-Fault personal protection insurance (PIP) benefits, including reasonable accident-related medical expenses, lost wages for up to three years, and replacement services.
We will ensure your insurance provider treats you fairly as we seek every cent you or your family are due. We will not allow insurance companies to put their bottom line above your well-being. We prepare every case as though for trial and will not hesitate to take legal action to protect your financial future.
We Can Seek Compensation from a Liable Party
If you have severe injuries and medical damages that exceed your PIP, we can seek compensation from an at-fault party with a liability insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit. Our attorneys can pursue a case against the truck driver, the trucking company, and all other liable entities. In general, compensation for a commercial vehicle accident may include:
- Medical expenses (past, present, and future)
- Loss of current income and potential future earnings
- Vehicle repair or replacement costs
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Mental distress
- Permanent and disabling injuries
- Reduced quality of life
In addition, if another party’s negligence caused the death of your loved one, our attorneys can bring a wrongful death lawsuit. A wrongful death action seeks payment for your loved one’s pain and suffering as well as the loss of their companionship, support, services, and guidance. Wrongful death compensation also recovers economic losses, such as medical bills and funeral and burial expenses.
We understand first-hand how devastating losing a family member in an accident can be. Our team has made it their mission to help those whose lives have been turned upside down by injuries and death. No amount of money can replace what you have lost, but we will fight to give you the peace of mind that can come from financial justice.
We Can Collect Evidence to Build a Robust Compensation Case
After an accident, the trucking company will have a team of investigators gathering evidence within hours. Our firm can do the same for you. Contacting us immediately allows us to build your case and gather evidence before it gets lost or deteriorates. Our lawyers can also make sure you do not miss any crucial steps that could affect future claims or lawsuits.
Christensen Law can interview witnesses and obtain photos of your visible injuries and damaged property. We can work with professionals who reconstruct accidents to enhance your legal argument. Our investigators can also extract data from the truck’s black box, which provides information about the driver’s speed, braking, and other actions at the time of the crash.
Truck accident claims can be very complicated. Our commercial truck collision lawyers can stand by your side and thoroughly investigate the collision to determine liability for your injuries and losses. At Christensen Law, we are well-versed in complex personal injury claims. Our Grand Rapids truck accident attorneys can help you understand your legal options and fight for the maximum compensation available.
Our Attorneys Win Big for Michigan’s Personal Injury Clients
Truck crashes are often much more damaging than other car collisions and can result in severe or catastrophic injuries and death. The details of your accident and injuries will determine the amount of compensation you may receive. Factors that affect your case’s potential settlement could include:
- The degree of negligence of all parties in your crash
- The severity of your injuries
- The manner in which the injuries have affected your life
- The emotional trauma you suffered from your accident and your injuries
- The scars and disfigurement the accident caused
- The medical treatment, surgeries, and physical rehabilitation that resulted from your accident
- Your lost wages and loss of earning capacity
- The insurance policy limits for the truck driver and the trucking company
Our team has won thousands of cases and hundreds of trials, and we spare no resources when it comes to getting the awards our clients need to get their lives back on track. We will work tirelessly to maximize your compensation and leave no stone unturned when evaluating and pursuing your damages.
But you do not have to take our word for it. Our motor vehicle accident case results include:
- $17.8 million for a truck accident
- $3.2 million for a head-on collision
- $2 million for a car wreck
- $1.25 million for a motorcycle accident
We Take Cases on Contingency
Our personal injury lawyers work on contingency, meaning you pay nothing until we secure compensation for you. We offer free, no-obligation consultations so that you can discuss your legal options in a no-pressure environment.
At Christensen Law, you will find a personal injury lawyer who can handle your case, no matter your legal issue. Our team includes a:
- Grand Rapids Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Grand Rapids Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Grand Rapids Car Accident Lawyer
- Grand Rapids Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
How Are Truck Accidents Different?
Truck accidents are often much more complex than car accidents. Some key differences that separate truck and car accident cases include:
- Truck laws. Truck accidents involve specific federal and state laws and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) rules and regulations that drivers and trucking companies must follow. Our lawyers understand the specific laws that apply to your case. For example, Christensen Law may obtain mandatory driver drug and alcohol screening results or trucker’s logs to see if they broke federal limits on driving hours. We can also solicit records regarding the truck’s weight, inspections, maintenance, and required safety equipment.
- Liability questions. Liability can be more complicated in truck accident cases because it often involves parties other than the truck driver, such as the trucking company, the truck’s manufacturer, and freight or cargo loading companies. For example, even if the trucking company did not act wrongfully, it may still bear responsibility for its employees’ (i.e., drivers’) actions under the legal principle of vicarious liability. Our lawyers can make sure all those who contributed to your accident pay their fair share of the damages.
- Insurance issues. Truck accidents are more likely to result in severe injuries or wrongful death than car accidents. When the injuries are catastrophic or fatal, our truck accident lawyers will explore every option for pursuing damages that could increase the compensation available to you and your family. We understand the complexities of commercial insurance policies. We will not allow insurance agents to push our clients around or pressure them into accepting hasty, lowball settlements that are less than they deserve.
Potentially Liable Parties in Grand Rapids Commercial Truck Accidents
Christensen Law’s semi-truck lawyers can thoroughly evaluate your crash and hold all those responsible legally and financially liable for the injuries and damage they caused.
Our Grand Rapids truck accident lawyers may be able to pursue a claim or lawsuit against:
- A negligent truck driver
- The owner of the truck or trailer
- The trucking company/motor carrier
- A truck or auto parts manufacturer
- The owner/loader of the truck’s cargo
- Private or government property owners
- Third-party motorists involved in the crash
Seek Compensation Before Michigan’s Statute of Limitations Expires
Most legal actions, including truck accident cases, have a statute of limitations that limits the time you have to file a lawsuit for compensation. If you wait too long, you may lose your right to obtain awards from an at-fault party.
The statute of limitations for personal injury or wrongful death in Michigan is three years, according to Michigan Compiled Laws § 600.5805. This means you have three years from the date of the truck accident or your loved one’s passing to pursue your case in civil court.
According to Michigan Compiled Laws § 500.3145, the deadline to file a No-Fault insurance lawsuit against your insurance company for your PIP benefits is one year from the date you incurred the expense. Typically, that is the date of the truck accident. If you fail to file your lawsuit before the deadline, you may lose the compensation owed to you under your policy. Christensen Law will make sure you meet the deadlines to get the compensation you need.
Contact Christensen Law About Your Grand Rapids Truck Accident Now
A Grand Rapids truck accident lawyer at Christensen Law can guide you through your personal injury case. Our attorneys know how traumatic a truck accident can be for the injured person and their family members. We are here to be a listening ear and a powerful advocate and ally.