At Christensen Law, we believe in fighting for accident victims’ rights. Let us fight for you to recover the compensation to overcome your injuries. If you’ve been seriously injured in an accident, made sick by negligence, or have lost a loved one under wrongful circumstances, you already know how difficult that is to deal with.
You may be suffering from physical pain and emotional trauma from the ordeal and worrying about how you will pay for your economic losses. You and your family shouldn’t have to deal with this burden alone. Christensen Law can take the fight for monetary compensation off your hands.
Working with a Sterling Heights personal injury lawyer from our firm may be just the solution you need. You can focus on recovery while we pursue the financial recovery you deserve. You can explore your legal options during a free consultation. Call us today at 248-900-9000 to get started on a personal injury case.
Who May Benefit from Hiring a Sterling Heights Personal Injury Lawyer?
Christensen Law represents victims of negligence in Sterling Heights, MI, including those who:
- Have suffered injury or illness because of negligence
- Have a loved one suffering from an injury or illness and want to secure legal representation for that loved one
- Have lost a loved one in circumstances that may qualify as a wrongful death
If you have suffered harm and believe an insurance company or other liable party may owe you compensation, it is worth calling Christensen Law. Our compassionate team members can determine how our personal injury attorney in Sterling Heights can help you.
Common Personal Injury Cases
Accidents happen to all of us at one time or another, but not every accident will warrant a personal injury claim in Sterling Heights. Consider two hypothetical scenarios:
- Example A: If you walk into your neighbor’s front door and break your nose simply because you weren’t paying attention, you probably wouldn’t be compensated for the medical cost to fix it (though you should never make such assumptions—call our firm and we will review your case)
- Example B: If you’re leaning on your neighbor’s upstairs balcony and fall due to a loose railing the neighbor knew about and neglected to fix, you can generally file a personal injury claim to recover damages.
The difference between these two examples is that Example B involves negligence. Example A, on the other hand, is simply an accident.
It is worth noting again that you should never assume you don’t have a case. Even if it appears you suffered harm through an accident that you caused, speak with Christensen Law. You may, in fact, be the victim of negligence and deserve a financial recovery.
Case Types Christensen Law Handles in Sterling Heights
Below are some common personal injury case types, all of which can involve another person’s negligence as the cause of the associated injuries:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Defective products
- Premises liability
- Construction and other work accidents
- School abuse
- Dog bites
- Elevator accidents
- Wrongful death
If you suffered harm and want to find out if you’re eligible to receive compensation, our team is available 24/7 to evaluate your case and answer your questions. Never assume that your case is too minor to hire a lawyer or that we don’t handle your case type.
A Brief Overview of Negligence
Since negligence is such an important consideration in a personal injury or wrongful death case, it is worth explaining what negligence generally means.
Negligence generally happens when someone fails to take reasonable measures that would protect others. In the context of a personal injury case, negligence can include:
- A vehicle manufacturer producing and selling a vehicle with foreseeable defects.
- A motorist driving while intoxicated, distracted, or tired.
- A motorist speeding, tailgating, changing lanes abruptly, running a stop light, or engaging in any other dangerous behavior.
- A property owner failing to address slipping or tripping hazards.
- An owner of an aggressive dog allowing the dog off-leash in a public area.
In each of these examples, the stated party engages in some action (or failure to act) that endangers others. Any injured parties harmed in similar circumstances could pursue legal action against the liable party and should expect to receive compensation for any damages caused by negligence.
How We Establish Negligence in a Personal Injury Case
When we review the facts and circumstances in your Sterling Heights case, we will look for the four elements of negligence:
- Duty of care: The defendant is legally responsible for acting with reasonable care for others to keep them safe from harm.
- Breach of the duty of care: The defendant’s actions or inactions violated this obligation under the law.
- Causation: The defendant’s actions or inactions directly caused the plaintiff harm, such as through an accident.
- Damages: The plaintiff suffered compensatory losses because of the accident, such as their medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering, among other damages.
Why Hire a Sterling Heights Personal Injury Lawyer From Christensen Law?
Trust is paramount in the client-attorney relationship. We have understood this from the moment Christensen Law began representing clients in 1991, and we work tirelessly in every case to earn (and keep) our clients’ trust and respect. We will do the same when handling your Sterling Heights personal injury or wrongful death case.
Some of the most noteworthy reasons to hire your lawyer from Christensen Law are:
- Decades of legal experience: Since 1991, our personal injury law firm has adopted a winning legal approach in every case we handle. We have evolved with changes to Michigan’s legal code and newfound hazards to our clients (like cellphones becoming a common distraction for motorists). As times have changed since we opened our doors, our team has remained consistent in our relentless work ethic.
- Compassion for every client we serve: Each client we meet with has a serious problem. If a personal injury lawyer lacks the necessary compassion and respect for a client, they risk worsening their difficult circumstances. The Christensen Law team leads with empathy, compassion, and respect to ensure we are part of the solution to your current problem.
- A laser-like focus on Michigan law: When you serve clients in Michigan for more than three decades, the law becomes like a second language. Our attorneys understand the nuances in Michigan’s civil code, and we are similarly familiar with insurance laws and rules in our home state. You can tap into this extensive knowledge by hiring our Sterling Heights personal injury lawyers.
- A track record of notable results: Our attorneys have secured multimillion-figure settlements and verdicts for our clients. Though each case presents a new financial target, we always strive to get maximum compensation for our clients. You should expect the same standard for your Sterling Heights personal injury case.
- A willingness to take cases to trial: If you want a law firm that will fight from start to finish, choose us. We always aim to secure a fair settlement for clients, as this is generally the quickest way to get compensation. However, if settlement negotiations stall and a trial becomes necessary, we won’t hesitate to take your case to court.
Our fee structure provides further reason to hire Christensen Law for your case in Sterling Heights. You won’t pay us any upfront or out-of-pocket compensation. We’ll complete the legal process and only receive a fee if we obtain a financial recovery for you.
Client Testimonials for Christensen Law
We are proud that former clients regularly express their gratitude for our legal team with client testimonials such as these:
- “They were knowledgeable on my situation, responsive and supportive. The staff worked together and was available to answer questions. Most importantly, I felt they were ethical and responsible.” – Wendy Henn
- “After my accident, I reached out to Christensen Law and was guided by attorney Thomas Economy through the process. He and his team made this entire process more manageable for me. I was able get a fair settlement and would refer them to anyone that has any legal troubles.” – Justin Tatum
- “If you require excellent, courteous and professional legal services, this is the firm you want!!! Without a doubt.” – J. Hawkins
- “This law firm is fantastic. They are very helpful and insightful about different types of lawsuits and the best firm to call. This law firm is fantastic. They are very helpful and insightful about different types of lawsuits and the best firm to call.” – Cassady Commette
Excellence is the standard at Christensen Law.
Recovering Monetary Compensation for Your Injury in Sterling Heights, MI
When you’ve been seriously injured in an accident involving negligence, you should be compensated for your losses. Injuries can lead to both monetary losses (economic damages) and non-monetary losses (non-economic damages).
Many people realize they can receive compensation for their medical bills. But you might suffer many other kinds of losses that warrant compensation, including:
- Lost income and the loss of your income-earning potential
- All accident-related medical expenses, including physical therapy, medications, surgeries, and others
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress, including post-traumatic stress disorder
- Permanent disability
- Caregiving and transportation expenses
We provide justice by obtaining the compensation our clients deserve. We will investigate your damages in-depth, including any you will likely experience. We work with economists, doctors, mental health professionals, and other experts to ensure the accuracy of our clients’ settlement targets.
Recoverable Damages in a Sterling Heights Wrongful Death Case
Our firm stands tall for clients rocked by a wrongful death. We allow them to work through their loss and spend time with their loved ones because we handle the legal process from start to finish.
Recoverable damages we commonly see in wrongful death cases include:
- The pain and suffering a surviving loved one experiences after losing a loved one
- Any pain and suffering the decedent experienced before their death
- Funeral and burial costs
- Loss of the decedent’s companionship, parental guidance, and household contributions
- Loss of the decedent’s income, employer-provided benefits, and other forms of economic support
- Treatment for grief and other forms of pain and suffering
Some wrongful death cases also involve property expenses like vehicle repairs. Our firm will compassionately diagnose your damages as we pursue justice for your tragic loss of a loved one.
Services We Perform for Clients in Sterling Heights, MI
A personal injury or wrongful death case is a complex undertaking, but it’s a responsibility our team is familiar with. Our knowledge of insurance claims and lawsuits is a primary reason you may allow our team to:
- Draft and file your case as soon as possible: We must consider Michigan’s statute of limitations for your case, which Michigan Compiled Laws § 600.5805 generally sets at three years from the date of an injury or wrongful death.
- Build your case with the strongest evidence available to us: Our lawyers secure all available evidence, which serves as the bedrock of our personal injury and wrongful death cases. This could include witness statements, expert witness statements, surveillance, or traffic camera footage.
- Document and calculate your recoverable damages: We will secure all available proof of your damages and calculate a fair settlement value.
- Pursue a fair settlement: The Christensen Law team will be your relentless negotiators, fighting for the entire financial recovery your damages entitle you to.
- Complete a trial (if we need to): Most civil cases do not require a trial, but many do. We will tailor our strategy to your specific circumstances. If we need to take your case to court, we’ll handle every step of the trial.
When we accept a personal injury case in Sterling Heights, we expect victory.
Call Us Today for a Free Consultation About Hiring a Sterling Heights Personal Injury Lawyer
No matter what accident you were injured in, you deserve fair compensation for all you’ve suffered if someone else’s negligence caused it. But you don’t have to pursue a personal injury case on your own. You’ve got enough to deal with, so don’t spend your energy worrying about tricky or complicated legal details.
Let a Sterling Heights personal injury lawyer from Christensen Law help you. We can make this difficult time less stressful by handling all the legal paperwork and negotiations for you. Call Christensen Law today at 248-900-9000 for your free initial consultation.